Here You Are -» Bucky Barnes

Word Count: 925

Warnings: Mild cursing, violence may occur.

Prompt: Bucky had taken off on his own to live a somewhat normal life away from the Avengers. You stayed with the Avengers and tried your best to complete your missions. That is until someone new steps into the picture.

❁ ❁

"So? You're really leaving the Avengers?" You look up at your friend Bucky.

To say he was your best friend was an understatement he was way closer to you then that, he was just like a diary to you and you were the same to him.

"Yeah, I'm gonna miss this." He looks at you trying to read your expression but fails.

"I guess we're saying goodbye then." He nods with a heavy sigh.

"I wish I didn't have to, but this just isn't the life for me. I'm sorry." You shake your head "Don't be, we're all different. And you just want a change." Bucky hugs you for the last time.

"Bye, doll face." He gives you a weak smile.

"Bye, Bucky." You watch him as he heads off on his own way.

"Giant teddy bear." You whisper with a small smile, that was one nickname you gave him that would never fade.

❁ ❁

"Ready, Y/n?" You look at Steve and nod.

The back hatch to the jet let's out and you both jump off, you always did stuff like this. Before and after Bucky left, you land swiftly and take off with Steve to get towards your next location in your mission.

"I'm splitting off, don't miss me too much." You swing up onto a small cliff part and take off towards your right letting Steve go his own way.

It felt awful when Bucky left but with everything you had to do, there was no time to see each other anymore. You get caught by three guards and you fight against them.

You pull a few signature moves, and continue on your way.

You make it inside a building and look around "Well, well, well look at what we have here." You look at a guard that looked like the big boss.

"The Avengers baby sister!" He fakes excitement before his face drops.

It was true, you were the youngest Avenger but that didn't stop you from doing what you do best.

The guard comes at you and you fight against him, you kicked him into a wall and watched it break under him. He gripped your wrist and swiftly picked you up slamming you down on the ground with ease.

You gasp and look at the ceiling, there's no time to sit around and let him beat you. You scramble back to your feet and block a hit from him, you block the other before grabbing his arms and slamming his face down on your knee twice.

He grips your throat and you glare at him gripping his hand as his grip gets tighter "Sloppy." He growls throwing you over into the wall.

You stand up again and he heads towards you, before he could reach you someone grabs him from the back and slams him into the wall behind them. You slide down the wall feeling pain course through your body.

The guard and other person fight, obviously the guard looses.

"Y/n." You look at the person and notice Bucky.

He scoops you up bridal style and heads out of the building "Bucky! Get her out of here now." You look at Bucky.

"What are you doing back? You were go-gone." He looks down at you.

"Be quiet, doll. I'm here now." You noticed something in his eyes, guilt and sorrow.

You lightly gripped onto his shoulder and he looked at your small hand gripping the black fabric of his suit "I missed you." He whispers quietly.

❁ ❁

You shift in the bed you were currently laying in, something was wrong. Well not right at least. You were cuddling something soft, that smelled familiar to a scent you had grown to love and want to be wrapped in all the time.

You rise slowly out off the mattress feeling the pain in your shoulder, and back grow quickly "Hey, hey, hey take it easy." You look at the gentle but cold hand touching your shoulder.

It was metal, which meant one person.

Bucky.

You look up into his eyes "Bucky?" He gives you a soft smile.

"Yeah, doll. It's me." You gently touch his metal hand as you look up at him "What are you doing back?" He looks down before making eye contact.

"I missed this life, then I heard you guys were in a mission. I found you and that other person, and I stepped in." You watch as he walks over to the window closing the curtains.

"I missed you." He whispers you watch him walk back over and sit next to you.

"I missed you too, Bucky." He looks at you.

"I don't think you understand. Doll face, I love you. I truly love you, I'm just madly in love with you." You blink a couple times.

"I love you too, it's why I didn't want you to leave." He looks at you before he presses his lips to yours.

"They kissed!! I told you it would happen! Yet you didn't believe me!" Sam cheers.

Bucky glares at Sam "I'm gonna kill you if you don't leave." Bucky says in a monotone voice.

You giggle and Bucky looks at you as Sam runs off.

"Where were we?" You smile as you and Bucky cuddle on his bed.

❁ ❁