PART 37 - FRIENDS

DEANNA POV

Mula sa gym ay diretso ako sa dorm. At nakasunod sa akin si Ponggay. We were alone in the room, I didn't say a word. Because I'm afraid, the moment I open my mouth to say a thing, bibigay ako.

But she was so persistent and trying to persuade me to say something. She was even started losing her patience already.

She is standing near the door and stared at me.

PONGGAY: "Dxxn it Deanna. Please say a thing. Why don't you tell me what the problem is, para hindi naman ako nagmumukhang tanga kahuhula kung anong nangyayari sayo. It has been more than a week na tayong hindi nag-uusap."

Her voice is in the verge of cracking any moment. She is mad at the same time, still trying to control herself.

But I just remained quiet, and look away from her. Coz I felt that I wanted to hug her, to comfort her. For seeing her now, she looks so helpless and restless.

PONGGAY: "Kung galit ka sa akin, just tell me. Hindi yang iiwasan mo ako at binibigyan mo ako nang cold treatment."

Na upo siya sa bed, napagod ata and her tears started to fall.

PONGGAY: "If you are mad at me at least tell me. I don't even have any idea why are you doing this! Bigla ka na lang umiwas."

She covers her face with her two hands and continuously crying. I wanted to get near her and hug her tight. I restrained myself for doing so. Instead I remained standing from where I am. I didn't make a move.

PONGGAY: "Ayoko nang ganito. Kaibigan kita Deanna, and I felt bad na ganito tayo. Hindi ako sanay na ganyan ka sa akin. Kung may nagawa man akong mali at nagalit ka, then I am sorry."

She sincerely apologize in between sobs. I can feel how sorry she is.

DEANNA: "I wasn't mad. I wasn't mad at you at all."

Mahina kung paliwanag sa kanya. Hearing my words, iniangat niya ang ulo niya and look at me in confusion.
She is trying to figure out what I am talking about.

PONGGAY: "Then, what it is? Just at least tell me what's wrong so I would know what to do!"

She helplessly plead in between sobs and controlled anger. Kaya humugot ako nang malalim before I spoke.

DEANNA: "Mahal kita Monique."

I shouted at her. That's it, I keep it for so long. She look at me in disbelief, she opened her mouth to speak but she doesn't say a word. She just closed her mouth all of a sudden.

DEANNA: "Mahal kita. Mahal na mahal kita Monique. And it hurts me so much because I don't know what to do anymore. I don't even know what to feel. Kasi kahit mahal kita alam ko sa sarili ko na hanggang kaibigan mo lang ako. Yeah, kaibigan mo lang ako."

I gathered all my courage now, since sinimulan ko na, lulubusin ko na to. I don't know what will happen after this, but at least I let everything out. Sobrang bigat na kasi at ang hirap na.

DEANNA: "Believe me, I tried to stop what I am feeling for you. But it doesn't work. Kaya pinilit kong lumayo at iwasan ka. Kasi tuwang nakakasama at nakakausap kita, I fall deeper in love with you."