Day 28: New Year's Eve Party (Dec. 31)

(video camera turns on in the living room)

Lizzy: Hello guys and Happy New Year! Today is Sunday December 31, and that means it's New Year's Eve. As I told you yesterday, there's gonna be a big party to celebrate the upcoming year and it's gonna be great!

(her phone rings)

Lizzy: Huh, who could that be? (looks at her phone and gasps) Three incoming calls?! I can only hope who these people are going to be. Let's see if I can get all three people on one call. (answers and puts phone on speaker) Hello! You guys are on speaker!

Yugi: Hi Li-

Jaden: Happy New Year!!!!!

Yusei: Ow, my ears! Why did you yell?

Jaden: Because I wanted to!

Lizzy: Guys, relax! Remember, you're on speaker.

Yusei: Really?

Jarod: (goes near the phone) Hey guys!

Jaden: Hi Jarod!

Yusei: Hey, how's it going?

Jarod: Going good, dude! How's Jack?

Yusei: Same as always.

Jarod: Well, that's good.

Lizzy: Anyway, we're gonna have a party soon. You guys wanna join us?

Yusei: If there was a flight that can take me to California and be there on the same day, I would totally join that party.

Jaden: Yeah!

Lizzy: (laughs) I mean join is by calling later.

Yusei: I know, I know. I'll join in by call.

Jaden: I'll try but I'm gonna be at a party too.

Yugi: I'll try and call in too.

Lizzy: Okay guys, I gotta go. I have to help prepare for our party. Bye!

Yugi: See ya!

Jaden: Later!

Yusei: Bye.

(timeskip)

Lizzy: All right, it's later on and now we are partying!

William: Yeah, party!!

Bakura: (sighs) This is ridiculous.

Lizzy: Admit it Bakura, you are enjoying this party!

Bakura: (glares at her)

Lizzy: Besides that, New Year's isn't the only thing we're celebrating. Xavier's birthday is today and Yuki's birthday happened to have been on Christmas. (turns to Yuki) Why didn't you tell me your birthday was on Christmas? I could've gotten a gift for you when you came by!

Yuki: I thought you knew already!

Lizzy: I didn't! Not even Bakura told me.

Yuki: Oh, I'm sorry!

Lizzy: It's okay. Luckily, I had a gift ready in advance because I didn't know when your birthday was. (hands her a gift) Happy late Birthday!

Yuki: (gasps) Can I open it?

Lizzy: Go for it!

Yuki: (opens the gift) Aww, mittens and a dragon plushie! Thank you!

Lizzy: You're welcome, buddy!

(timeskip)

Lizzy: Ooh, I completely forgot to introduce someone. We are nearing the New Year's countdown and there's one person that I want you viewers to meet! (turns camera to the person) This is Shizuka, a.k.a. Jarod's girlfriend. She went to the same school as us and graduated there.

Shizuka: (waved at the camera) Hi!

Lizzy: All right, we got a few minutes until 20xx!

Everyone else: Woohoo!

(her phone rings)

Xavier: Hey, no phones while recording a journal!

Lizzy: Hey, I'm the one that makes the journals and I make the rules, okay? (answers the phone) Yo?....oh dude, I didn't think you'd call back! Isn't it the new year already where you're at?....oh okay! Wanna join us for the countdown?...Yay! I'll put you on speaker....as soon as I get the other person on speaker too! (puts phone on speaker) Hay everyone, we got a few other people that want to join us for the countdown!

Everyone else: Hello!

Yusei: Uh, hi.

Yugi: Hi!

Lizzy: Now let's get to the main countdown, ladies and gentlemen! (turns camera to the TV)

Summer: We're getting close!!

Jarod: Hang on to your seats!

Jewel: But I'm standing!!

Lizzy: Here we go!

Everyone: 10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...Happy New Year!!!

Jewel: Yay!!!

Lizzy: 20xx has come!!

Yuki and Bakura: Yeah!

Yugi: You guys sound like you're having fun.

Lizzy: Well, come over to the U.S. at this time of year and you can be a part of this party.

Yusei: Sounds good to me!

Yuki: (hugs Lizzy) Happy New Year!

Lizzy: (smiles) Thanks! Happy New Year to everyone!

Keiza: (joins hug) Happy New Year!

Lizzy: Anyway, thanks for watching today and I hope you've had a good New Year's Eve. Bye!

(turns video camera off)

All right, we're heading off into a new year for the journals! Thank you for reading this book up to this point! I seriously appreciate it. You guys are awesome! :) I hope to see you next chapter as we go into New Year's Day. Bye!!