Day 159: Double Dash Failure (May 11)

(video camera turns on in the dorm living room)

Lizzy: Hi friends! Today is Friday and it is after school. Another week has gone by and soon the end of the school yeat will come!

Jaden: YES!!

Yusei: Hallelujah.

Yugi: We're almost there!!

Lizzy: Yup! At the end of the month, the school year will be at its end. And if you noticed, I've actually got a good night's sleep! I am energetic once more.

Jaden: All right!

Yusei: I got a better night's sleep than usual so I feel pretty good too.

Yugi: Nice!

Lizzy: So what do you guys want to do?

Yugi: Can we play Mario kart? We haven't played that in awhile.

Lizzy: Ok, I'm down for that. Jaden?

Jaden: Let's play!

Lizzy: Yusei?

Yusei: (nods in agreement) Which Mario Kart should we play?

Jaden: Hmm....let's play Double Dash!

Lizzy: Double Dash? Do we still have that game?

Yusei: We can look through the pile games we have and see.

Lizzy: We have a pile of games?!

Yusei: Yeah! It's underneath the TV.

Lizzy: (looks underneath the TV) WHOA! We have a ton of games!.....Let's go find our game.

(timeskip)

Lizzy: (laughs) We just got done with 2 rounds of Mario Kart: Double Dash and I gotta say...it was interesting. It was basically Yugi and Jaden versus Yusei and I. The first round was good since Yusei was the main driver of our cart. But then second round...(chuckles)....I was the main driver and that didn't go well.

Yusei: You need to practice driving in Mario Kart: Double Dash!

Lizzy: But I've done well in other Mario Kart games! I don't understand why I'm not doing well right now.

Jaden: That makes no sense.

Lizzy: Yeah! Driving skills are supposed to transfer from game to game!

Yusei: Lizzy, it only works when you drive different vehicles in real life. It doesn't necessarily transfer over in gaming.

Lizzy: (sighs sadly)

Yugi: Don't worry, you'll get there!

Yusei: (pats Lizzy's head) Don't give up so soon.

Lizzy: I know but can I have a moment of sadness?

Jaden: No!

Lizzy: Oh okay. Thanks for watching today and see you tomorrow for more fun. Bye!

(turns video camera off)

And that's the journal for the day!! Thanks for reading and see ya next chapter! :)