Day 187: A Sad Tale (Jun. 8)

(video camera turns on in the living room)

Lizzy: Hello friends. Today is Friday and we are going to do something important tomorrow. Now, you're probably wondering why I would mention what we're doing tomorrow instead of saying it...tomorrow. Well, there's an explanation for this and it's long. So be prepared. A long time ago, my buddies and I had a friend, a really good friend. His name was Oliver. Oliver, or Olly as we liked to call him, knew a lot of my American classmates ever since kindergarten. It was Mel, Will, Ryan, Ali, Harry, Keiza, Xavier, and me. So it was a lot of us that knew him. In fact, Mel, Will, Olly, and I were basically the four Musketeers in grade school. We would do almost everything together. When our group got more invested into music as we got older, Oliver was the guitarist that would help us perform. It was great and fun to be able to participate in school performances. I think it was 6th or 7th grade that Oliver got ill and it was so bad that he was sent to the ER one night. The doctors did their checks on him and found that he had brain cancer. It was a complete shock to all of us, including his family. We didn't know how he got the cancer and we were sure that it wasn't hereditary. In all the while, Oliver started to get chemotherapy treatment and we were all hoping and praying for his recovery. It went well for a year and a half and at that point he started to come back to school. But then, he was rushed to the hospital because he collapsed at his house. The doctors found that the cancer had spread all throughout his body. Then a few days later...(snaps her fingers)...he was dead. My classmates and I try to visit Oliver's grave every so often but we like going to see it during this time of year. He loved summer. So, we made it a little ritual to see our friend's grave and then going off to the beach. It's a mix of sadness and fun because I...(takes a steady breath)..trying not to cry. I'm surprised I made it this far. Where was I?...oh, right. I think Olly wouldn't want us to be sad of his passing. He'd want us to be happy and move forward. (sniffles) Dang it, I promised myself I wasn't gonna cry in the video! Ugh!! (wipes her tears) Sorry I'm emotional. I'd known Olly for practically ages and I'm still going through the ache of losing him. Thanks for watching and sorry that this journal wasn't as fun but that's life sometimes. I want to show almost everything that's happening in my life, and some of it is sad. Tomorrow is gonna have more fun, I promise. Bye!

(turns video camera off)

And that's the end of the journal. Thanks for reading and see ya next chapter!! :)