Day 43: MLKJ Day (Jan. 15)

(video camera turns on in the dorm living room)

Lizzy: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to today's journal. Today is going to be a special journal because it is the history of one man who changed a lot of lives in America. (turns camera to Yugi, Jaden, and Yusei) Prepare yourselves for a history lesson on America!

Jaden: She's not gonna stop this, isn't she?

Yugi: Nope.

Yusei: I'd say we just let her be.

Lizzy: If you're in America and are a student or teacher, you probably have the day off from school today! That is because we recognize a great man: Reverend Martin Luther King Jr.! One of the best parts about today is that it is the actual day he was born, January 15, 1929! He was the leader of the nonviolent protests for the Civil Rights movement, which was a movement that emphasized on equal rights for all races. But at that point in time, it was more specifically for African Americans. The movement included desegregation of various public areas, like water fountains and bathrooms.

Yusei: They had that?!

Lizzy: Yup. Anyway, Martin Luther King Jr. is particularly famous for organizing a peace march on Washington D.C. in 1963. That was when he spoke his famous "I Have A Dream" speech, inspiring millions of people.

Yugi: Wow, that sounds cool!

Lizzy: (smiles) He was! But unfortunately, he was assassinated on April 4, 1968.

Jaden: Awwww! That's terrible.

Lizzy: It sadly is. America lost a leader that wanted equality and peace. That is why January 15 is commemorated and the Monday around that time is observed as a day off from school, to remember a good man that fought, peacefully, for everyone's rights. He was also the youngest man to receive the Nobel Peace Prize for his actions. That shall be the end of the history lesson for today. Thank you for listening.

The guys: (claps)

Lizzy: (giggles and bows) Thank you, thank you! I'll be here all week.

Yusei: It was good. I actually learned something new.

Jaden: Yeah, it was way more interesting than actual school.

Lizzy: Awww, I'm flattered! Ooh, I have an idea! I'll find his speech so we can listen to it.

Jaden: Where would we find it?

Lizzy, Yusei, and Yugi: YouTube.

Jaden: Oh right.

Lizzy: I'll search it up on my laptop that's conveniently here! (begins her search)

Yusei: Were you planning this the entire time?

Lizzy: Maybe......

Yugi: Of course, she would!

Lizzy: I found it! And I'm gonna play it!

Jaden: Wait, we have to see the screen! (gets into position to see the laptop screen)

Yugi and Yusei: (do the same)

Lizzy: Okay, now I'm gonna play the video.

(video plays)

Yusei: That was very motivating.

Jaden: (yells) I feel so empowered!!!!!

Yugi: (sweatdrops)

Lizzy: I'm glad you like the video!

(timeskip)

Lizzy: Okay, that's all for today. Thanks for watching and I hope you had a wonderful day. (turns camera to Yusei playing the guitar) End the video by strumming your guitar, buddy!

Yusei: (looks at Lizzy and casually strums the guitar)

Lizzy: Beautiful! (claps)

Yusei: (laughs)

(turns video camera off)

I tried to make this educational since it's MLKJ Day!! Sorry if it wasn't too silly but this day was very important in our history. Hope you enjoyed it and see ya next chapter! Bye!!!!