5. Awkward Date

"Can you let go of me?"

Muria's voice is cold, just like how I'd imagine it would be. However, I didn't anticipate her lowering her head, which made it so that her bangs concealed her face from my point of view.

I released her wrist and watched it as it swayed back to her side. Then, the two of us stood there waiting, waiting for the other person to speak up first. I looked at her with unease in my eyes, but this unease will likely past just like the clouds above that blocked the suns rays from the earth. That cloud will soon move away and the shade will vanish. In the end, the sun will always show, no matter what happens. 

Due to us standing still in the station square, the crowd walked around us. Passersby didn't acknowledge our brief pause, they merely faced forward and went on with their daily lives. From the office workers dressed in suits to employees of local restaurants handing out fliers, we were ignored as the current of people rushed on around us.

"If you think the same," I broke the silent seal, anxious to escape this awkward situation, "I think we can go now." 

I paused for a second, waiting for a response from her. However, seeing that she is still silent, I decided that someone must be the one to trigger a change.

"...I'll be going now," I said to her, turning back around to reenter the train station.

Just go home. That is what suits me the best. Spending a Saturday with a girl isn't like me. Leave that to the others. People like me should be rotting at home.

"Stop!" 

Her voice was loud and made with authority. Immediately, my legs locked, forcing me to halt and stand in place. Some people around us stopped to look what the commotion is, pausing in their footsteps and waiting to see if things get any bit more interesting.

"Do you really think you can head home without my permission?" 

She lifted her head and from her face, I could see that supercilious look on her face once again. What are you? An empress?

"Isn't that my basic human right?" I turned around and said back to her. For some reason, my body language is suddenly submissive as I answered her.

"Not anymore," she crossed her arms in front of her chest. "Follow." 

She made a 180 degrees turn and began walking once again. With my basic human right being denied, I had no choice but to go along with her agenda.

"So where're we going?" I asked as I quickened my walking pace so as to catch up with her. 

"You don't need to worry about that," she responded without looking over at me.

I let out a deep sigh. Why is it that she can interact with others in such a normal way but when it is me she's just so different.

"Are you sure you want me to stay?" I asked. "Rumors might get started if someone sees me with you."

Muria immediately paused in her steps, which caused me to almost bump into her if not for my superior self control of my lower body.

"You're right," she placed a hand on her chin. 

"So like I said," I sighed, "let us each go our own ways. You don't owe me anything."

"Then take it as you owing me a favor." She looked at me with a look that is as if what she's saying is an obvious fact.

"Why?"

"Because you don't usually get the chance to spend time with people. Especially of my caliber."

"..." I sighed once again, giving up any hopes to reason with or argue with her.