81. Two Truths, One Lie

A long silence continued on as I stood there facing the closed hotel room door with Luna behind me. It was an awkward and tense moment for me. Luna stood behind me with her head low as if something was on her mind, but it was that thought that bothered me. Her silence made it almost impossible for me to initiate conversation of any sorts. In addition, the idea that I'm now in a hotel room with a girl made my heart race and clouded my train of thought.

I looked down at the key card the theater club president had thrown on the ground and picked it up. I then inserted the key card into the card slot by the door in order to activate the power in the room and summon the lights and air conditioning. Then, I waited.

The door could be opened from our side, so it wasn't like we're trapped here. However, it will be awkward for me if I were to take the initiative. Open the door, and Luna might feel offended by the possibility that I didn't find her attractive. But suggest we stay some more time here might make it sound as if I was after her body. Therefore, I'm in a bad situation, surrounded on all sides with no real options except wait for her to make her decision.

I glanced over my shoulders at her, taking in that troubled expression on her face. She seemed to be thinking about something at the moment and wasn't ready to say anything. Therefore, I must continue to wait for her. In the meantime, I must stand still and not attempt anything because if I were to make my way further into the room, then that will basically imply that I want to stay longer.

After standing there for about a minute, I heard a soft chuckle from Luna. Turning my head to check her reaction, I saw a faint smile on her pale face as she gazed into my eyes and made eye contact. Those amber eyes of her's were extremely absorbing as it seemed to force all of my focus to be directed to her. However, what's weird is that in her eyes, I saw a strange determination that I wasn't sure where it had stemmed from and for what purpose that it served.

"Let's rest here for a bit," she said, her words causing my heart rate to increase and blood to flow to my face as they might contain a secondary meaning. "It's better than standing outside."

I let out a sigh of relief as she turned and walked further into the hotel room because the latter part of her sentence revealed to me that her intent was simply to have a place to sit and recover before heading home. Therefore, knowing her decision now and having her consent, I followed her further into the hotel room.

There was a large king sized bed in the center of the spacious hotel room up against the far left wall. Beside the bed were two bedside tables. The on one further from us had a telephone placed on top of it, and both had table lamps on their surfaces. In the space opposite of the bed was a drawer with a large television framed on the wall above it. In the corner of the room further down on the side the television was located was a small bar with a refrigerator filled with drinks. Opposite of the bar was a small round table with some comfortable looking chairs surrounding it. Then, on the wall furthest from the doorway was a large window showing the nighttime view of the city.

Luna had walked up to the window and opened it before continuing over to one of the chairs surrounding the round table and sat down, and I followed after her. I was quite hesitant in each step I took since I was with a girl and alone in a hotel room. I worried that she might mistake every sudden move I make as an attempt on her chastity. Therefore, I made sure to make every single movement of mine appear extremely easy to identify.

I sat down on the chair opposite to the one Luna had sat down in. Then, I started looking around. The girl before me seemed to have a content smile on her face as she sat there with her eyes closed. She seemed to have given me plenty of trust to not do anything, or... does she want me to do something?

With a blush, I shook that idea out of my head and looked around the room. It was quite a spacious room with extremely modern furnishing and decorations. However, the lights were extremely dim in this room, making the room quite dark and moody.