111. Three Truths

I waited at the corner of the hotel room once again, waiting for Luna to get dressed in her nightgown. In my mind, I played back what had just happened, feeling an overwhelming guilt that seemed to oppress my very spirit, forcing it to remain in the dark abyss of melancholy.

When she had finished changing, I turned around to face the dark room that was only illuminated by the moonlight that spilled in through the windows. She was sitting on her bed with her head hanging low and eyes gazing blankly at the floor where the moonlight shined on. On her face, was a mysterious expression, one that perplexed me. However, I know for a fact that she was still suffering from the pain that I dealt to her...

 However, I know for a fact that she was still suffering from the pain that I dealt to her

I remained silent as I observed her. In my eyes, there was guilt. However, there was also the desire to remain by her side. She basked in my silent gaze, not saying anything. She just sat there in silence, probably going through a mental conflict with herself that she had kept suppressed within her, similar to how she kept her true condition hidden away.

"Thank you for staying with me," she whispered. 

Then, with a deep breath, she turned her head to face me and smiled. This smile of her's... it was a look that resembled how she usually smiled. However, I was suspicious as to whether or not she was truly fine. 

Slowly, she got up from her bed and walked over to the minibar in her hotel room. She knelt down and opened the cabinet door, reaching in and taking out a wine bottle. Then, she reached for the two wine glass that was placed on the surface of the cabinet. She rose to her full height with the wine bottle in her left hand while she held onto the two wine glass in her right, smiling as she looked over at me.

Slowly, she walked over to the coffee table in the corner of the room, setting the wine bottle and wine glasses on the coffee table before she sat down in one of the cushioned chairs surrounding the table. The bottle appeared to have been opened before, so the cork was easily removable by Luna. After removing the cork, she poured the fluid into each of the two wine glass. Then, she picked up one of the two, swirled the red fluid about in the glass and smelled it before taking a small sip.

As she did so, I stood there and watched her in silence. I merely observed as the once cheerful girl now gazed at the wine glass in her hand with a mysterious smile that seemed to conceal the emotions that she felt within her.

"Care to join?" she then asked, holding up her wine glass and gesturing for me to join her.

I slowly walked over to the coffee table and took the seat that was opposite to her's. After sitting down, I gazed at the glass of wine that was set on the table before me. Without much thought, I reached my hand for it.

"It's 30 years old," Luna chuckled as she swirled the red fluid in the wine glass about. "Made from the best grapes here in Saroff..."

"You often drink?" I asked her after taking a sip from the wine glass. I tried to suppress my reaction to the bitterness of the drink, but I wasn't very successful, resulting in a soft laugh from Luna.