19. Rubbing

The taxi driver tried to make a quick chat with me, but I shut down his every single approach. In addition, seeing that the driver had a tendency to glance back using the rear view mirrors, possibly at Loriana, I placed my bag on Loriana's thighs so that he has nothing to stare at and the view that led up Loriana's suit skirts were obstructed completely. After that happened, I realized that the driver no longer stared back at us anymore. I chuckled, amused by the fact that I was able to thwart this man's attempt at a lucky night. However, I didn't dwell too much on it since we'll never meet this man ever again.

The taxi car exited the elevated highway and onto the main street road below. It was bright outside the taxi car due to the condition of insomnia that this city is in, and the numerous skyscrapers and concrete buildings were still illuminated since it wasn't late night yet being at only around 10:00 so most people weren't asleep yet.

I had the taxi driver drop us off at the mouth of the street so that the taxi driver would not know which building we lived in. Once we exited the car, I used my body to support Loriana and with my free hand I scanned my phone on the scanner device of the car and paid the driver the money. After seeing that the driver drove off and vanished around the corner up ahead, I began slowly walking over towards the high rise building our house is located in.

I realized that having Loriana walk while she's asleep was a stretch on her part. Therefore, I lowered my body, allowing my right arm to scoop up her legs so that I carried her body with both arms before me. I adjusted my school bag's strap and continued on towards the high-rise building.

The night time wind blew gently by us, moving our hair. I looked in the direction that the wind blew towards and was met with the dark Helliger River that reflected the skyline on the other end of the river. It was a truly beautiful scene with how the skyline of Nocsinis shined in the dark, and when combined with the perfect nighttime temperature, it made me want to linger about for a bit more. However, I have a more important task at hand. I looked down at the sleeping woman in my arms. Her chest slowly rose and fell as she inhaled and exhaled. She slightly curled up her body slightly and nudged her face closer to my chest as the nighttime wind possibly made her felt cold. With the desire to get her home as soon as possible, I continued on towards the high-rise building that we resided in.

I entered through the back entrance to the high-rise building, and proceeded to walk over to the elevators. I was lucky enough that an elevator was vacant and waiting on the ground floor. Therefore, I entered while carrying Loriana in my arms, and I freed up a hand to press the button for the thirty-eighth floor.

Soft elevator music played as the elevator gently rocked back and forth as it elevated into the air. When we arrived at the thirty-eighth floor, the elevator doors automatically slid open revealing the silent hallway. There are two houses on this floor. The one on the right belongs to someone else, and the one on the left belonged to us. I walked over to the front door of our house, and I freed up a hand to unlock the door with my house keys.

Once indoors, I gently closed the door behind me so that the minimal amount of noise was created. I then flicked the light switch on to illuminate my way through the house, and with the house illuminated, I carried Loriana over towards her room. I opened the door and immediately, the aroma of Loriana overwhelmed my olfactory senses.

After switching on the light switch, I could see that her room was quite modern in design, and all in all it gave off a mature adult like aura.