39. Lover Hotel

I stared into the street of lust, watching it as if gazing into the abyss that is dark with the tainted desires of humanity. That street is where the Sefilig district is located in. The northern parts of Sefilig is known for the nighttime entertainment, especially adult entertainment. It houses the biggest and most bustling red-light district in Palisia, and because it is so catered towards the lust of humanity, of course there will be an abundance of lover hotels. Lust roamed the neon sign streets, as girls in skimpy clothing stood in the cover of roofs that extended outwards and onto the streets, trying their best to attract customers to utilize their services in the rainy weather.    

I blushed and turned away at the sight. However, it might've been a bit too late for Loriana saw me staring and grinned playfully.

"It's not what it looks like," I attempted to explain.

"It's fine," she chuckled. "You're at the age to be interested in girls."

"That's true but..." My face was hot from all the blood rushing there and I leaned on her car so as to support myself from embarrassment.

As I remained that way and waited for the car to fill up with Mana, I began brain storming methods in which I can complete the mission. There were lover hotels near us, a distance of less than three minutes walking to the nearest one. Therefore, this might be my one and only chance to complete this mission. Therefore, I must get a result here. Failure is not an option since there won't be a second chance if I miss this one. Therefore, I must remain calm and think of a way that can convince her to stay the night with me in a lover's hotel without ruining our relationship.

Think, think, think. There must be a way. There has to be. If there isn't, then I am done. Therefore, I must think of a way.. It must exist. It need to exist.

But the reality is, despite my hard brainstorming, I can think of no justifiable reason for a nephew wanting to stay the night with his aunt in a lover's hotel. There is just no way that our relationship would remain unchanged after this.

As the meter ran for the Mana pump, my heart raced at a faster and a faster pace. Slowly, all that I can focus on was the meter slowly moving and the car's Mana storage gradually being filled up. No longer was I able to think with a straight mind and I gave up doing so out of frustration.

I looked over at Loriana and discovered that she had already received the receipt that was sent to her phone. That was when I know that it is time to act. If I don't, then we would just drive off in the nighttime streets of Palisia and lose this chance since there is a chance of near zero that we will stop near a lover hotel on our way back. Then, I would fail my mission and get punished severely. That means if I want to live, then I must act now.

"Let's go," Loriana said as she approached the driver's side of her car.

However, I stopped her out of desperation.

"Loriana?" I said out loud.

"Yeah?"

"It's a Saturday, right?"

"Correct."

"I don't have school tomorrow and you don't have work," I began laying out the groundwork for the desperate plan that I hatched out last second. "So...we don't have to head home tonight."

Loriana paused and comprehended what I was saying. Then, she seemed to catch on to what I was attempting to convey through my word choice.

"You want to stay out for the night?" Loriana smiled.

"Y-yeah," I stuttered somewhat out of nervousness.

"Alright," she closed her eyes and placed both hands on her waist. "What do you suggest we do then."