195. First Night as a Girl

The ride up the elevator was a calm and relaxing one as my mind and body were populated by fatigue. The elevator stopped at Noah's floor and he exited. Then, the elevator ride up to Muria and my floor continued, and in the elevator, things were silent between the two of us. Maybe regardless of gender, she's always this silent when no one's initiated the conversation.

"See you tomorrow, Muria," I smiled and waved to her as she opened the door to her house.

"See you tomorrow," she said with a gentle and genuine smile on her face. Then, with a slight nod of her head, she disappeared behind the dark heavy wood door and into her house.

With me being the only person in this small corridor before the elevators that connected her house and my house, I let out a sigh of fatigue and turned around. Facing the door to my house, I reached my hand for the lock, allowing it to read my fingerprint to disengage the lock. Unlocking the door, I was engaged with an illuminated living room and the sound of television being played in the background. Over by the kitchen came the sound of sizzling and in the air, there was the aroma of what I believe to be an omelet being made.

"I'm home," I said in a raised voice to alert Loriana of my return from my day at school.

After removing my shoes, I started making my way through the living room and to the hallway where our rooms branched off of. Subconsciously, I entered my original room and intentionally falling onto my soft bed. I took in a deep breath, taking in the familiar scent of my original body that I had missed so dearly today at school. It's quite odd when your body's smell suddenly changed into one that's quite sweet and alluring.

"Alvelyn," I heard Loriana's voice call over from the kitchen. "You can go take a shower or bath if you want. It's still some time until dinner is ready."

"Alright," I responded, allowing my voice to drag out in a tired manner.

Feeling somewhat sluggish, I turned my body so that I was facing the ceiling. I brought my arm over my eyes, covering them so as to block out the light. I was extremely tired from the day, and I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe it's because this body doesn't have as good of an endurance as my original one or if it's just that I'm just way too tense today. Today has been a particularly long day that has just been dragged out by the unfamiliar scent of my body, the unfamiliar build, and the familiar yet unfamiliar background of school. The stress must have been building up for quite a bit.

Then came my room. It was just so comforting and welcoming... The air conditioner here kept the temperature warm enough such that my exposed legs and thighs were free from the chilling frost outside, and combine that with the warm and downy bed covers that I was laying on, it just amplified the sedative effect. In addition, I was able to submerge myself in my original scent. It's weird how something that I've never noticed before in the past would have such a profound effect on my day. The sudden difference in body scent just threw my entire day off, making everything different. But now that I am in the comfort of my own room, I couldn't help it but feel my eyelids becoming increasingly heavy.

Just for a few minutes, I thought to myself as I closed my eyes. Just let me sleep for a few more minutes...  

***

"Alvelyn," a soft, gentle voice called my name repeatedly and was followed with the sensation of a hand on my back, gently shaking me.

Slowly, I opened my eyes, allowing my eyes to once again take in the world around me. The lights in my room were quite bright, almost a bit piercing to my eyes, making them quite uncomfortable. Because of that, I closed my eyes once again.

"Alvelyn."

The voice called my name once again, and slowly, I waited until my eyes finally adjusted enough such that one eye could be opened while being shaded from the light with my forearm.