176. That Winter, the Frostblume is no Longer in Bloom

Slowly, I began to stir from my deep slumber. Yet, my mind was still hazy and not a hundred percent sober. What my mind had emphasized on was this dream that I had. One that involved a harmonious world where Luna's illness was nonexistent and the group traveling to the beach for a summer trip just like how she had always wanted to do. The dream just felt so real, almost as if it was an alternative reality, and it was just so pleasant for my mind that leaving it invoked an awful feeling in my heart. When I opened my eyes, I realized that my nose ridge, as well as the left side of my face directly by my left eye, was somewhat wet. In addition to that, a small portion of my pillow was slightly damp, possibly because I had cried in my sleep sometime during the night.

I yawned as I closed my eyes and buried my head underneath the bed covers in order to escape the cold temperature of the day. Lazying in bed during a cold, winter morning is the best thing one could ever imagine. I opened my eyes after a few seconds and saw that my phone was resting on my the other pillow that I did not use. I could vaguely remember receiving a notification last night, but I wasn't entirely sure. Therefore, I reached a hand out from the warmth of my bed covers and for the device. Then, I woke the screen.

Like I had expected, it was already noon with the time being 11:43 A.M. However, the time wasn't what had caught my attention. Instead, it was the notification that was on display, the one from the Socialization app. Upon seeing the logo and name of the app, my heart froze temporarily before it suddenly accelerated. With trembling fingers, I slowly pressed on the notification to be brought to the in-app page.

—————

Objective Completed

You have completed the Ongoing Objective.

SP Rewarded: 500000 SP

Thank You for Your Participation.

—————

Objective...completed?

Immediately, I tossed the bed covers off of my body and quickly dressed in clothing suitable for heading outdoors. I rushed out of my room with my phone in hand and quickly made my way to the front door in an urgent manner, ignoring the surprised Loriana who was sitting in the living room watching television and stormed out of the house. I pressed with great intensity the button to call up the elevator and waited anxiously, shifting about on my two legs as my heart just wouldn't calm down as they pounded in my heart.

"What's wrong?" Loriana asked as she opened the door and asked me.

"I'll explain later," I replied with great fervor as I rapidly navigated through the Taxi app and called a nearby taxi to wait at the entrance of the building.

When the elevator finally arrived on my floor, I quickly entered and rode it down to the bottom floor. As it made its rapid descent, I hoped that no one would stop the elevator, and luckily for me, no one did and I was able to arrive at the ground floor as fast as possible. Once there, I rushed out of the building, not even waiting for the door to automatically open when it sensed my presence to exit the building.

The city streets of Palisia was as busy as ever, yet to me, it appeared to be moving in slow motion. Everybody, despite them walking at a brisk pace, appeared to be loitering about in my eyes as they seemed to slowly move about when I surveyed my surroundings for the taxi that I had called. I immediately spotted the vehicle that was pulling over to the side of the road and quickly approached it. I entered and slammed the door close after me, and since I had entered my destination beforehand when I had called the taxi here, the driver already knows my destination. However, there still was the chance that this might be the wrong vehicle, but that worry quickly died when the driver confirmed with me my destination.