Chapter 34. Apo

Ming's POV

I was seeing red, both literally and figuratively. I was outraged that my best friend would do something so perverse with my little sister. But then again I could expect it. Beam is still known as one of the school's biggest Casanovas. Yet it all seems so surreal. Beam seemed so apologetic about Gookhai after he realized, I don't think he would make the same mistake of messing with his best friends. However after First arrived and pulled me off of Beam and I calmed down that is when I really lost my mind. My best friend was unconscious and it looked like he was on the brink of death. BM checked on Beam and called an ambulance. First let go of me after I had seemingly calmed down and I looked at my bruised hands covered in his blood. The scene seemed so familiar.

"Stop!" I couldn't.

"Ming, stop it! You're hurting him!" I couldn't stop.

"I don't care, he needs to suffer!" I couldn't control myself!

"No he doesn't! OPEN YOUR EYES! MING!"

I opened my eyes and my hands were shaking. I looked at Beam laying bloody on the ground and tears fell in my eyes.

"A-apo...?"

I tried to reach out for him but my body was frozen. I wanted to hold him...But my body stopped moving. As if my mind was scared I would keep hurting him again. My breathing started picking up, the world around me seemed like it was spinning a thousand miles an hour. All around me I heard screaming, his screams, their screams...Apo, Beam. I'm sorry.

I fell to the ground and suddenly started laughing like I had lost my mind. The last thing I heard were the screams in my head, synchronizing with mine.

When I awoke, I was in the infirmary. What happened moments ago still replaying in my head like a movie on repeat.

"No no no no no! NO! THIS CAN'T HAPPEN AGAIN!." I shouted and gripped my hair, screaming out my frustrations.

"Why! Why did I have to go so far! Why didn't I stop myself. Why did I enjoy it! Why am I like this!?" I questioned myself. I didn't even give him a chance to explain. I am supposed to be his best friend but here I am, killing another one of my best friends.

It was high school. Actually there used to be 2 more people in our friend group. It was Me, Beam, Forth, Apo and his boyfriend Wai. We were all really close, like brothers we did everything together and would do anything for each other. However I found out that Apo has been cheating on Wai, and not only one time. He has been cheating on him consistently for half a year, even without breaking up with his boyfriend of 4 years. Still acting like the sweet caring boyfriend when with Wai but going behind his back at night. I confronted Apo and told him that I was going to have to tell this to Wai. When we were at school the next day, I noticed people looking at me weirdly. I went up to my friends to ask them what's up, the first thing I got were hard glares from Forth and Wai and Wai also punched me right in the face.

"WHAT THE HELL!?"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU ASSHOLE!"

"Ai'Wai! What is your problem!"

"Your problem is you trying to harass my boyfriend? Trying to seduce him, huh?"

"Harass? Are you insane? I don't touch your boyfriend, however your boyfriend touched enough other men."

"YOU BASTARD!" He shouted in my face and went for another punch but I dodged it and socked him right in the eye making him fall back on the ground.