Chapter 37. Only you

Phana's POV

This day really couldn't be going any better. I made up an excuse that I had to go to class in the morning but I don't need to go to classes for the duration of the Moon and Star preparations, even Professor Aunty gave me permission to skip her classes. I made reservations for this really nice restaurant I used to go to with my parents, the owners are like family to me. They have been friends with my dad since childhood and they know in what kind of position my father is, but they never treated him any differently. Still messing around with him, teasing him, all in good fun. It is one of the happier memories I have and I like to cherish that and share it with Yo, creating a new memory that I would hold dear. I got a bunch of different flowers from the best florist in the city, it is a bit on the expensive side but money wasn't an issue for me and I would do anything for Nong Yo.

I know you can't buy love with money and I don't plan on buying his love and trust back, but money definitely makes it easier to show how much I would give him or do for him. If I could I would buy him the skies and the stars, but not the moon because he already has me for that.

I was so nervous when I asked him out, thinking I was rushing things or he wouldn't forgive me, but I felt fireworks go off in my heart when he accepted the date. I was smiling for the rest of the day, excited about spending the day with Yo. I dropped Beam off at the Faculty of Law so he could visit Ming before I drove to the faculty of Medicine to check with the professor if I needed to catch up on any projects or material. Even if I don't need to study, I need to do projects and research assignments.

On the way, I could hear the murmur of the people around me and suddenly a lot more girl acted flirtatious around me instead of scared. Winking at me, brushing their hair behind their ears and fluttering their eyelashes, giggling cutesy at me. I tapped one of my minions on the shoulder. I wouldn't really use them for anything anymore but I still call them minions since I don't remember their names.

"What's going on here? People are acting strange."

"Oh Boss, you haven't seen it yet?" He showed me his phone and started playing a video. It was the video of me asking out Yo. I was a bit angry because this would definitely hurt my reputation but I was feeling happy again whenever I saw Yo smile in the clip.

"It has spread all around the school. All the girls are crazy about the soft side of the big bad wolf. I'm kind of jealous."

"You can have those girls. I only care about my Nong." I said before his friend started speaking.

"Hey Pha. That Nong is also kind of cute, if things don't work out between you two do you think he would give me a ch-" I didn't let him finish, I grabbed him by the hair and bashed his head against the lockers behind him and held him against them.

"You do not touch what is mine! If I even see you speaking to MY Nong Yo, I will personally put a bullet through your head. UNDERSTOOD!" I said through gritted teeth and shouted the last part right in his face, he nodded frantically and apologized. I threw him aside and scoffed. I might have a softer side but that side is only for Nong'Yo. I am an asshole and it's hard to change that but these people that only use me for their own needs and protection don't deserve that kindness from me. Yo probably wouldn't approve of this but I'm putting in an effort. I am nicer to Kit and Yo's other friends. I don't glare at random people anymore and I am not commanding students to do stuff for me anymore. I even called and apologized to my gang members for shoving so much workload onto them. I apologized to people that work for me! I've never in 22 years done that! However I still need to be able to be a figure with authority that people will either respect or fear. If I get too soft people will try to overrun me and my gang that my father has put so much time in effort in raising will crumble to the ground.