Chapter 56. Father's Story

Phana's POV

"But i have one question P'Pha..."

"Anything. Ask away."

"Do you still love my brother?" Damnit! I should've expected this one coming. I look over at Forth and see him hesitating as well, but when i look at his eyes. We both already know the answer.

"Yes...i do." I admit and hang my head down. I'm not ashamed to admit my feelings for Forth but i am ashamed that it might hurt Yo's feelings.

"Be honest. Are you j-just dating me because of my brother?" Yo asked and i heard the crack in his voice, it made me look up and he was starting to tear up. I waisted no second to run up to him and hold him against me. I looked up at my father for a second who looked like he had just won the lottery and this might've been the first time i gave my father a looked that honestly scared him. He is used to seeing me angry, annoyed or disgusted by him, but this is the first time i looked at him with dissapointment. The smile on his face dissapeared and he quickly looked away as i went back to comforting Yo who was now letting everything out. He wasn't struggling to get out of my hold but he was just crying furiously.

"Baby. Please listen well. Yes, i still love Forth. I probably always will. However the kind of love i feel for Forth isn't what it used to be anymore. Your brother will always have an important place in my heart but Yo, you are the biggest part of my heart and mind. I love you in a way i couldn't even love Forth. When we first met, i didn't even know you were Forth's brother but i already made up my mind that i wanted you. So don't even think for a second that you're just a replacement." His breathing calmed down and he stopped crying but i didn't stop brushing through his hair to calm him.

"I know. I'm sorry, i just panicked. This is however a lot to take in."

"I know baby...i should've told you sooner."

"Did it go well?" Someone spoke from the entrance of the room. I look over and see Yo's and Forth's dad poking his head through the doorway.

"Dad?"

"P-papa?"

"Oh my baby. Are you okay." Yo's dad came in and took Yo away from me to embrace him himself.

"I think it went better than expected." My dad answered and a smile was back on his face. Not one of his mischivious smiles however but a genuinly happy one, one that i have only seen very occasionaly.

"They are still together right? Are you N'Phana?"

"Yeah...we are?"

"Tae even if they broke up, would it really matter?"

"Godt shut up! I will not let my baby get hurt."

"Yes, yes, i got it. Now can you let go off your son and hug me for a second. It's been a while." And suprisingly enough, Yo's father handed Yo back to me and walked to my dad who stood up just to hug him.

"Okay...now i need an explaination!" I called out very confused with the situation.

"Oh sorry. I got a bit distracted." Tae apologized and let go off my dad but still held his hand.

"What is going on~?" Forth asked just as confused.

"Well. This was a test."

"A Test?"

"Yep! I knew you haven't told Wayo yet about you and Forth, and knowing how sensitive my son is. I wanted to know how you handle the situation. N'Phana there will be a lot of moments in the future where my son will end up crying or depressed because he is just like that."