Chapter 35. Without Reason

Ming's POV

"I'm sorry...i don't." Beam admitted and he wasn't lying. I looked him straight in his eyes and he looked genuinely apologetic about not remembering who I am. My chest was aching. I'm okay being hated but this also means he forgot about the times we spent together, laughing together but he also forgot the feelings I have for him and the feelings he had for me.

However, I really hated to admit this but I was glad this happened. I don't want him to forget me but it might be for the best, I want him to forget what I did, what kind of monster I am, that I hurt him, that I held back my feelings for him and he suffered without me even knowing about it.

I stood up from my knees again and waved my hands in front of him. "Hey! Hey! It's okay. I was being dramatic. I am a friend of First and BM, I was there when the ambulance arrived and I was just worried about you." I lied through my teeth.

"Oh! Thank you. Uhm, I'm alright...Ming. Right? He looked relieved that I wasn't someone close to him that he couldn't remember. This was good. He isn't supposed to be sad about forgetting me.

"Yeah..."

"Well I'm okay, just a few scratches and stitches but I'll be out of here in no time. I might even be able to leave tomorrow already."

"That's great to hear." I faked a smile.

"Yeah! They said I was so close to death from all the blood loss but I am still alive and well. But hey if you're a friend of First do you also go to Kanthapat?"

"Mhm. I do."

"Than...maybe I'll see you around sometimes."

"Yeah...maybe. Anyways you should rest. I'll leave you now."

"Okay bye!" Beam waved at my retreating figure and I gave him one last sad smile before going out the door and closing it. I slid down the door and sat on the ground, the tears I held back when facing Beam were now all being gushed out.

"Ming! Ming! Are you okay? What happened in there?" First crouched down and turned my face to his.

"F-first. He forgot me." I cry out and hug him. Crying against his shoulder. I don't show my weakness a lot but a few things can still make me quite vulnerable. Things like my haunting past or my feelings for Beam.

"We tried to tell you but you just raced in. He suffers from Selective Amnesia. His mind forgot you trying to forget about his almost death experience which could be traumatic for him. I'm sorry Ming..." I didn't answer, I just sat there as I let the tears flow out.

I calmed down after a few minutes and let go of First. Everyone was sitting around me looking at me with Sympathy even after I basically just beat the person that caused me to become like this half to death. Suthee & Park were sitting there with tears in his eyes as well. Minute was right next to me looking distressed, First was comforting me on the other side and BM & Pitcher were off talking to the doctor.

"What happened in there Ming."

"He forgot me. And maybe it's for the best..."

"Ming what do you mean?"

"You said it already, his mind wants to forget me because I hurt him badly. Why try to make him remember when all that awaits him is hurt and pain?"

"But Ming, you said you lo-"

"I still love him First, but it's like they say. If you really love someone, you need to let them go. This is for the best, believe me. He can move on from me, he can have a relationship without drama, one without a crazy unstable boyfriend."