A Play...First Act

When they arrived back into the receiving hall, all the guests were already there.  A hundred soldiers were seated. Four ladies sat to the left of the head table, while four men sat on the right.  Seoras was seated in the middle with an empty seat to the left of him.

When Emmy entered, Seth announced Emmy as if they were at a ball.

“Lady Emmy.”  Seth said loudly which made Emmy stop in her tracks. Everyone’s attention turned towards Emmy and the only thing that could be heard was silence.  

Emmy’s fire red dress contoured her top half, accentuating her large breast and small  waist. The bottom of the dress flowed loosely as if it was a red flame waterfall. With every step Emmy took, she kept her eyes on Seoras and her head was held high.  She was here to play the role of his lover, so she couldn’t show any fear or nervousness.

An enchanting and dangerous smile broke through her lips as she challenged Seoras to look away.  Seoras deep black eyes met her cold emerald eyes and they both knew a play was just about to begin with Emmy as the main lead and Seoras as the love interest.  

Seoras stood up when Emmy arrived to her chair, which caused everyone else to stand up.  

“Lady Emmy.”  Seoras deep voice said her name which made her heart shiver.  

“Master Seoras, apologies that I have arrived late.”  Emmy said as Seoras help push her chair forward as she sat.  

“You’ve arrived on time.”  Seoras said as he too, took his seat quickly.  

What surprised him next was Emmy’s bold moves.  Emmy reached out and cupped the back of his hand with her small, smooth hands.  

“You’ve always spoil me.”  Emmy said as she smiled brightly at him.  

“Em.  Let us begin.”  Seoras ordered as the whole room snapped back into reality and awkwardly began to eat.  

The soldiers there never seen their Master with a woman.  There were even stories and rumors that he liked men, that was why there was never a scandal that blemished Master Seoras reputation.  However, there were also no evidence of the rumors of him liking men either.

There were always only two people who was next to him. Steward Seth and Sir Gengrick.  Prince Oliver was a close friend, but he was only there once or twice in a year.

Lady Avina was suppose to be their new Mistress, however she cancel the engagement and now comes by, shamelessly, acting as if she is the true Lady of the castle.  But because of who her family is, they could not carelessly mistreat her or offend her.

With Lady Margaret bringing the beautiful and dignified young ladies with her, they thought maybe their Master would finally settle down with one of them, however who would have thought that their Master already had someone he liked.  Someone who he personally brought into his home. She must be special to him.

Even though everyone ate, their voices were hushed with whispers.  They all tried not to look at their Master’s new Lady. However, they all stole glances before leaning over to whisper to their neighbor.

The woman beside Master Seoras had impeccable manners. Which let them know that she is someone who came from a noble family.  Yet, she was not a great beauty, that could start wars or bring down cities. However there was something about her that captured their attention.  

Was it the poison marking on her face?  Maybe. Was it the hard cold eyes that shined brightly only for Master Seoras?  Maybe. Was it her voluptuous body that made men lust after her? Maybe. Was it how she carried herself that made her charming?  Maybe. They couldn’t really put their fingers on it, but whatever it was, they too, were captured in her charming beauty.

“Master Seoras.”  Margaret said as she loudly put her utensils down with a clatter, causing everyone to stop what they were doing to look up and stare at them.  Her face was scrunched up with disgust and annoyance. “Are you not going to introduce your lady friend to your Mother?”

Without a care in the world, Master Seoras ever so casually introduced Emmy to everyone.  

“This is Lady Emmy.”  Seoras said as he lead back into his chair arrogantly.  His eyes met the eyes of his men as he scanned the crowd.  “My woman.”