Sudden Attack (2)

The moment she screamed the protections spell broke. They no longer had a shield to protect them from attacks.

Krid threw a fire ball at the rose bush, but it only didn't let Lacy go. Instead it lit the rose bush on fire as Lacy screamed in pain as the thorns ripped her up from the inside out and the flame burned her skin.

"Stupid!" Freya shouted as she used her water magic to douse the fire out. "Are you trying to kill your own teammate!"

Krid has never worked with Lacy, Raine, Wof and Vern before so he didn't know exactly how to work together.

"Lacy!" Raine cried as she drew a rune on her enchanted paper and threw it towards Lacy.

Lacy's cries of pain suddenly stopped when the enchanted rune touched the bush. It immediately covered her in a barrier and stopped the rose bush from attacking.

"What did you do?" Krid asked.

"The barrier stopped all magic from entering it which caused the rose bush to stop its connection to it's master." Raine told them as she frowned.

"How are we going to rescue her?" Freya asked.

"We can only rescue her when Emmy dies." Raine told them. "When she dies, her magic dies. Only then we can cut Lacy out of the rose bush."

"That bitch!" Wof shouted as looked to Vern.

"Kill her! Kill her now!"

Wof's heart beated loudly inside his chest. Vern, Raine, Lacy and Wof had been in the same mercenary group for 7 years. They knew everything about each other. While facing dangers, they became closer than family. His worry for Lacy's life made him angry.

"I'm working on it!" Vern shouted back. "She's not as easy as we all assumed."

"Then bring her out!" Wof shouted.

Underground Emmy's vines had built a impenetrable cocoon around her as other vines fought the attacking vines. She slowly pushed out her magic and was slowly taking over the vines that were attacking her. She knew she was stronger than the earth mage and knew that with time, she would be able to take over the earth mage's magic.

Suddenly the dirt around her became flooded with water. Water seeped through the vines and began to fill up.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." Emmy shouted as the water reached her ankles.

Emmy pulled on her stone magic and created a wall around her cocoon. Water stopped seeping through and the dirt around her became muddy. Emmy found herself getting buried deeper. Emmy used her stone magic to push herself out of the ground.

From above everyone watched as a column shot out from the ground at the same time stone swords appeared and shot straight towards them. Without looking back, they all jumped back to dodge the sword. Their miscalculation caused them the death of Wof as a stone sword rose up from the ground as he jumped back. The sword penetrated him from the back and pierced through his stomach.

"Wolf!" Raine shouted as she ran towards him, however she was quickly caught by the rose bush. The thorny stem became a vine as it wrapped itself around her and dragged her into the bush.

When Raine looked around for help, she noticed that the rest of them were fighting their own battles. Vern fought whipping vines while trying to attack the stone column. Krid shot fireballs towards the vines that were trying to reach him. Suddenly the ground opened up where he stood and he fell through the hole. Ceecia was on the back of her hawk as vines wrapped around the hawks talons trying to pull it down from flight. Freya was blasting the vines with water as they came close to her. She was being attacked on all sides and had to keep on moving so she wouldn't be caught. Ves had her sword out slicing the vines that came close to her as she kept on moving.

Raine was only quick enough to take out her prepared runes that she drew beforehand and activated it. She chanted the spell and the rune lit up as she jumped from one side of the barrier to the other side. The moment she landed on her feet, she drew another rune on enchanted paper and placed the rune on her. The moment she chanted the spell, the protection charm lit up. Every time the vines tried to attack her, she the protection charm would light up and block the vine. Raine's heart beated wildly as she looked at her teammates. Raine began to write another protection charm rune, however she did not expect the ground to open up below her and swallow her up as well.

There was a loud clap that echoed throughout the closed barrier that cause Ceecia to cover her ears. Her hawk cried out as several vines whipped at the hawk. Its wings fluttered in panic as it could not take off and fly away. Stuck in mid take off, its wings kept of flapping, causing everyone on the ground to feel strong winds blowing on top of them. The vines that whipped the hawk, caught its wings and brought it down to the ground. Once it was fully wrapped around the hawk, large stone swords rose up from the ground and penetrated through the hawk. Killing it instantly.

"Ahhhhhhhh!" Ceecia cried out as she felt the connection with her hawk break. Her spirit was ripped from out of her and blood filled her mouth as it sprayed out of her mouth. Ceecia was in between life and death. She felt her other half die and her mind became lost. The vines found its way around Ceecia's slacked body and ripped her head off of her body, quickly finishing her off.

Inside of the stone, Emmy felt the stone heating up and she knew it was the Fire Mage. The her rose bushes lit up in flames and became ash within moments. The stone began to melt from the bottom up as fire licked its base.

"Ahhhh!" Vern shouted as he gathered more magic to save Krid. The muddy ground opened up and Krid came out of it as he gasped for air. His clean clothes were covered in mud as he crawled out. Fully rolling out from the whole, he laid on his back as he gasped for air.

Krid suddenly gasped as he choked on his blood as several stone swords penetrated his lungs and throat. In Krid's last ditch effort to fight back, he gathered all of his fire magic and threw it towards the melting column.

Emmy immediately ejected out from the stone column as the fireball hit it. The moment the fireball hit the stone it blasted the column into pieces. Emmys body was thrown back from the blast as the small pieces of column hit her. Emmy's body hit the barrier and she fell down to the ground immediately.