Tyrannical

When dinner arrived, the hall was half filled with Igoh soldiers and Ceco soldiers.  While the Emissary of Igoh, Duke Arashi, Lady Heather, Sir Colton and Prince Cael sat at the first table closest to Seoras.  Although they were not happy with their seating arrangement, there was nothing that they could do.

Dominic and Gengrick walked into the hall first, followed by Seoras and Emmy.  Everyone stood up when Seoras and Emmy entered the hall and only sat back down with Seoras and Emmy took their seats.  Next to Emmy, sat Dominic and next to Seoras, sat Gengrick.

Although it was impossible for Minister Robin to speak to Seoras over the loud noise, he tried, but miserly failed at getting Seoras attention.  With the soldiers speaking to one another and the musicians playing songs in the background. It was too loud to have a decent conversation with the next table over.  They could only have a conversation with the person next to them.

Throughout the whole dinner, Seoras caught Prince Cael and Duke Arashi giving Emmy looks.  Seoras’s mouth tighten and felt displeasure with their constant attention towards his beloved.  The moment Emmy touched his arm, his killing intent lowered itself considerably and she leaned in to speak to him.  

“Prince Cael requested an audience with me after dinner.”  Emmy told him. “Duke Arashi might show up as well, maybe afterwards to speak to me as well.”  

Seoras’s eyes glared at the two men before looking elsewhere.  

“I will be in my garden after dinner.  I’ll let you know what they want afterwards.”  

Seoras nods his head in agreement, however he wanted to tell her not to go.   He could only let her handle her business and trust that she will let him in when she was ready.   

Suddenly Heather stood up from her seat and tapped her glass with her fork, bring everyone’s attention towards her.  When the room finally quieted down, Heather turned to Seoras and spoke.

“I would first like to apologise to everyone for my actions earlier today.  I acted out of turn and realized my transgression against Lord and Lady Tomas.  I do hope that you both will not hold this against Igoh and hear what Minister Robin has to say before any decisions are made.  I especially would like to speak to Lady Tomas personally to amend myself and hope that we can become friends.”

When silence met  Heather’s question, her cheeks grew pink with embarrassment.  How dare Emmy make her lose face in front of everyone when she gathered her hatred and pride enough to apologise for the sake of Igoh.

“I refuse.”  Emmy finally said as she smiled into her wine glass.  When she took a sip of wine, it was enchanting and seductive.  

“But Lady Tomas,”  Sir Colton said. “Lady Heather made a mistake and she apologise for it.  You should magnanimous and forgive her.”

“Who are you?”  Emmy asked as she looked at the young man with blonde hair.  He looked fresh out of the academy with no life experience. This must be his first trip after graduating.  

“My name is Sir Colton Weeks.”  Colton introduce himself.

“No. I didn’t ask for your name.  I want to know WHO. ARE. YOU.” Emmy said.  “What position do you have to speak upon matters on behalf of Igoh?  On behalf of Lady Heather? Did you speak up on her behalf because you and Lady Heather are in an intimate relationship and you wish to protect her fair feelings?”  

“You-- you have mistaken my good intentions towards Lady Heather--”

“Ah, so you have intentions towards Lady Heather to speak up for her, do you?  Do you like her? Do you wish to make her your woman?”

“Lady Tomas, I beg your pardon, but I just wanted--”

“Wanted to rescue the damsel in distress and be the hero?”

“I-I--”  Colton stuttered.  Never had he ever met a woman that could twist his words around and make him into a lecherous man who only spoke up because he wanted to win a lady’s affection.  

“Lady Tomas!  Please do not frame Sir Colton--” Heather began to say, but was cut off by Emmy.  

“Did he not speak up upon your behalf for me to forgive you?”

“Yes, but--”

“So you agree then?” Emmy asked.  

“Yes, but--.”  

“So he did speak up upon your behalf because you and Sir Colton are in a relationship and he wanted to protect you.”  Emmy quickly said. “Now that is cleared up, I stand by my response that I refuse your apology and there’s nothing either one of you can say to make me change my mind.”

“Lady Tomas, do you have to be so disagreeable?”  Colton said as he stood up quickly, losing his temper.  

“Yes.”  Emmy said as she swirled her wine.  

“Why are you making it more difficult than necessary?”  

“Because I can.  And it’s necessary.”  Emmy told him. “Besides, who are you to be making claims and statements when you’re a nobody.”

Colton’s face grew red and and he was in the process of raising his finger to point at Emmy.  However the moment he raised his arm forward, green vines wrapped themselves around him and forced him to sit back down.  

“If you want to lecture my Lady Wife, I suggest you think again.”  Seoras said as he stared down at the young man.

10 Igoh soldiers immediately stood up, reaching for their swords, however all 10 Igoh soldiers were quickly wrapped in vines as well and were forced to sit down in their chair as well.  

“They say Igoh is an intelligent nation.  One with the highest rates of children attending academies and graduating with vast knowledge of history, art, language, maths, and so much more.  However, why is it that the King of Igoh sent such stupid people here as an Emissary of Igoh to Lire? Shouldn’t you all learned something about Lire and its people?  What our history and customs are, before you came here? What you think might be fine in Igoh, might be considered an insult here in Lire?” Emmy said as she looked at Minister Robin.  “Did they receive an education on what our rules are?”

“What are your rules?”  Arashi asked as he stared at the overbearing woman who didn’t give in to anyone.  His heart beated wildly as he listened to her.

“Only the strong wins.”  

“Ceco!” The Ceco soldiers shouted in union as they cheered at Emmy’s words.  Emmy smiled devilishly at the soldiers acting out.

“The only truth, is the truth of strength and power.”  

“Ceco!” The Ceco soldiers cheer again.  

“Here in Lire, the weak dies, forgotten and discarded.  While the strong write their own history.”

“Ceco! Ceco! Ceco!”  

“And here in Ceco, we have The Peerless Slayer.”  

“Ceco! Ceco! Ceco!”  

“We have the strongest soldiers.  The richest farmers. The cleanest city.  The most loyal citizens. The most peaceful territory of all of Lire.”

“Ceco! Ceco! Ceco!”  The Ceco shouted as they pounded the table with their fist.  

“What do you Igoh have that we Ceco need?” Emmy asked as she drain the rest of her wine down her throat.  “Why should I be magnanimous when I can be tyrannical?”