Lady Avina (2)

After aruging about it for 30 minutes, in the end Lady Avina’s guards turned in their weapons.  When they entered the city, they went straight to the castle.  Seth was already outside of the castle along with some servants.  

When Avina stepped down from the carriage after her maids, it was only then that Seth stepped forward to greet her.  

“Welcome, Lady Avina.”  Seth said as he bowed. “What brings you here to Ceco?”  

“I’ve come to visit my fiance.”  Avina shamelessly said.

Seth held in his anger and smiled at her.

“Fiance?”  Seth repeated.  “Who is your Ladyship's fiance and when will we be expecting him?”  

Avina’s eyes narrowed as Kestro stepped forward.  

“You know well who my Lady’s fiance is!”  Kestro snapped at Seth. “They have been engaged since birth!”  

“And you also know that Lady Avina moved mountain and parted seas to annul the engagement.  Which my Master granted. Making the engagement void. Thus marrying my Lady Emmy, who has been Lady Tomas for the past four years.”  Seth said with a smirk on his face.

Even though Lady Avina is a noble woman, they are on Ceco land.  He is the Steward of Ceco. He must not embarrass his Master or his people.

“And we all know that Lady Emmy has bewitched Master Seoras!”  Avina said as she lifted up her head. “I’ve come to make sure my fiance is not bewitched and speak to him on our engagement.”  

“We all know, those rumors all just rumors.”  Seth said defending Emmy. “As to the engagement, there is none to speak of.”  

“I will not leave until I speak to Seoras.”  Avina said as she became even more angry. “I must make sure my fiance is not under a spell!  If I am forced to leave, I will tell my Father that the witch, Emmy, has total control of Ceco and we will bring our whole army to free the people of Ceco!”  

Seth’s jaw tighten as her words.  Should the whole army of Abert invade Ceco under the guise of “saving” the people of Ceco, they could take this chance to take over Ceco.  Seth’s eye twitched as he thought carefully of his options. Before he could say any more, a soft and aulluring voice from behind him welcomed Avina and her people into the castle.  

“Let them in.”  Emmy said as she walked out of the castle.  

The moment they received word that Lady Avina was at the castle gate, Emmy quickly got ready for her role that she would be playing.  By the time Avina arrived, she finished getting ready and waited by the door and listened Seth argue with Avina.

“Lady Emmy.”  Seth said as he bowed.  His eyes hid his surprise.  

Emmy was usually in her training clothes that consisted of brown pants and a white shirt.  However today, she wore a dark ruby red dress that flowed around her as she walked. She looked majestic.  Her chestnut brown hair was wavy and flowed freely as she walked. Emmy wore emerald green and gold drop earrings that swung every time she moved her head.  She wore a thin, long, gold necklace that rested between her breast. She also wore the Tomas insignia ring on her right ring finger and and large ruby ring on her ring finger on her left hand.  

She looked alluring and yet mysterious.  Welcoming yet dangerous.

“Welcome.”  Emmy said as her full lips smiled at Avina.  It was the first time seeing Avina, she could not let Seoras lose face at all.  She had to look more beautiful and more charming than Seoras’s ex-finance. She wanted Avina to regret calling the engagement off.  She wanted Avina burning with jealousy that Seoras "married" someone more outstanding and more beautiful than Avina. Emmy wanted Avina to understand that Seoras never had Avina inside of his heart and would never hold any feelings towards her. “You must forgive Seth. He is just trying to protect me.”