Act Two, Scene One

It took Emmy the rest of the day to realize what Seoras said. She was in a daze the whole day and could only sit in the library with a blank look on her face, as if her soul left her body.

"Lady Emmy?" Seth asked as he stood in front of her waving his hand in front of her face. He had been calling her name for the past minute from the door, with no answer, he came closer to her and called out her name again. "Lady Emmy?"

Emmy came back from her trance with a shiver of her body as she finally noticed Seth in front of her.

"Ah, Steward Seth." Emmy said as she shook her head from side to side. "How can I help you?"

"It is time for dinner. I came here to escort you to the hall." Seth told her. "Are you sure you're feeling alright?"

"Ah... yes." Emmy said as she stood up. "Just lost in memories, that is all."

"I see." Seth said as he stepped to the side to let her pass. "Then we shall not make Master Seoras wait longer."

"Of course. Of course." Emmy agreed as they left the library.

The whole time they walked, they did not speak to each other. Emmy still lost in her thoughts, while Seth knew better than to ask her more questions.

When they reached the dining hall, the whole room was full again with high ranking soldiers and the same four ladies from last night.

Lady Margaret's face was twisted in an ugly manner, while the other three noble ladies were trying their hardest to keep a smiling face. As if Emmy's presence there did not affect them in any way.

Everyone stood up when Emmy entered the room and only sat when Emmy was sitting.

"I've made you wait again today." Emmy said with a genuine smile. "You must forgive this Lady."

"There is nothing to forgive." Seoras said as his hand cupped the back of Emmy's hand that rested on her chair. "We did not wait long."

Lady Margaret could not hold her anger anymore and snorted in a very unladylike way.

Seoras ignored her and waved his hand for the servants to come in and serve wine and begin dinner.

Not even 10 minutes into the dinner, Lady Margaret could not hold her tongue and began to question Emmy.

"Lady Emmy." Margaret said as she place her spoon down and turned to face Emmy. "Which noble house do you come from? How is it that I have not heard anything about you? I know every noble house in Lirie and have not have the opportunity to meet you even once."

Emmy smiled and placed her fork down, reached over to grab her wine glass and took a swig of it before answering Margaret.

"You have not heard of me because I am not from Lirie." Emmy told her as she smile sweetly. "I am actually from Igoh. I come from the House of Light."

Margaret clicked her tongue in disgust as if Igoh was a backwater country and far beneath Lirie.

"And how did you meet my son?"

Emmy smiled at Margaret in brighter and without a beat told her of their first meeting.

"I took a stroll in the woods and quickly became lost. It so happened that Master Seoras and I crossed paths and it was love at first sight." Emmy said as she sighed and looked at Seoras lovingly. "He rescued me and lead me out of the forest. Master Seoras is my savior!"

Had she told them the truth about how they met, they would not have believed their Master was so ruthless and could be so heartless. If she told them that he tortured and sacrificed three men's soul in front of her, would they believe her? If she told them that she was not "his woman," but his captive, would they believe her? Would they try to save her? No. They would not believe her nor would they help her.

Besides... Seoras placed the Souls of Amaratu inside of her. She now has the powers of a deity inside of her. He promised to teach her how to use it's powers and become strong. He promised her that she would no longer be weak.

And she no longer wants to be weak. She no longer wants to be a victim. She needs to become stronger physically, so she can be stronger mentally. She needed to know that she can rely on her own strength and her own intelligence so she can be independent.

When she way Lady Emmy, in General Light's household, she was a young foolish girl, who thought everyone was nice. Who thought that no one had ill or evil intentions. Who had no experience outside of her courtyard. Who thought that the history books she read were just stories. That evil men, were just villains in stories. Who thought that only good things would happen to her. If she could go back in time, she would learn how to fight. How to wield a sword. How to defend herself. How to be not so naive.

"And what brings you all the way here to Lirie?" Margaret asked Emmy. "What kind of noble house lets their daughter travel all the way to Lirie, alone with a man? What kind of upbringing were you raised in that you would follow my son all the way from Igoh?!"

Emmy grabbed hold of Seoras's hand and blushed as she smiled even brighter as she answered her, knowing full well that everyone was listening to their conversation.

"We're married!"