Hesitation

At Emmy's words, the leader of the group hesitated for a moment. Was the rumors about her true? Was it false? He was never one to condemn a person without proof, however Emmy had hurt his junior disciple's cousin. And from what his junior disciple said about Emmy, aligned with what everyone said about Emmy, caused him to take on this matter himself. How could he just let this Witch live without consequences.

His junior disciple then requested for someone to kill Emmy. He took it upon himself to kill Emmy and protect everyone from her wicked deeds. It took them two weeks to track her down and wait for a good opportunity for them to attack her. She was constantly surrounded by her guards. And when they split up to wash up, he knew it would be their only chance to kill her.

However, why is it that when he finally faced her and spoke to her. What they say about her and what is in front of him was a contradiction. She was not a witch as they said she was. She did not try to attack them with spells nor did she try to bewitch them. She did not argue with them if what they said about her was true or not. She only told them it was a waste of time. She didn't attack first and ask questions later. She waited for them to attack her first before she made her move.

The whole time that they trailed Emmy and her guards, they watched as Emmy treated the men with respect. There were no actions of her seducing them or flirting with them. They hardly spoke, but Emmy treated them well. Giving them firm orders and yet letting them speak their minds. What he saw caused him he hesitate this very moment before his men beside him attacked her.

What he saw caused him great regret. Emmy was not a witch. But a mage. Had he known, he would have brought a mage along with him. He shouldn't have hesitated, because the moment he did, two of his men died.

Large vines shot up from the water catching the two swordsmen in mid flight before pulling them down underwater and drowning them. Their bodies floated up once their life was taken and flowed downstream.

"You will die for your sins!" One of the men yelled at Emmy as he pointed at her.

"My sins?" Emmy asked as she looked up at the three men who still hovered above her. "What sins have you seen me commit?"

"You just killed two of our men!"

"Killed them?" Emmy asked. "Of course I did. But it was all in self defense. Am I just suppose to sit here and let you kill me without fighting back? Was it me who came to you, to kill you or was it the five of you who came here to kill me? Tell me. Did I attack you first, or did you attack me first? Before you start shouting nonsense. Stop to think if you're digging your own grave before you come fo me."

Emmy snickered at them with disgust at them and the world.

"I don't know who you are, but you know who I am. What have I done against you to make you want to kill me? You're nothing, but hired mercenaries, but you want to stand above me and try to lecture me on what's right and wrong? What a complete joke. If you're hired to kill me. Then do it. I don't mind sending you to the Under Gods first."

The man who spoke against Emmy attacked her. His temper overcame his senses as he slashed his sword towards her. The sword slash carried wind magic and headed straight towards Emmy.

A large vine as thick as a century tree came up from the water blocking the attack, cutting it in half completely. The top of the vine fell to the side as the vine regrew and reached itself towards the man who attacked Emmy. The three of them flew back to stay a safer distance against Emmy and her vines, however they forgot to look behind them as a wall of vines had already grew behind them and once they were close enough, they were trapped. The vines quickly grew around them as the vine weaved around their bodies before weaving a cage around them. The vines then brought them down to the ground as they struggled trying to escape and watch as Emmy walked out of the water.

The water glistened against her skin as it dripped down her body. The three men watched as she paid them no mind and dried herself up before dressing herself. The moment she finished, her guards arrived a few minutes afterwards.

The head of the guards, Reaper, jumped down and quickly came to Emmy's side.

"Are you okay?" Reaper asked.

"Of course." Emmy said as she pointed at her captives. "Look at what I caught."

Reaper's face turned angry as he turned to look at the three men.

"Fuller, Warly, Lukas." Reaper ordered the other three Devil's Squad members. "Take off their masks."

The three men made their way towards the vine cages and took off their masks. It was then that Reaper finally saw and recognized one of the faces and quickly knelt on one knee. Causing the rest of Emmy's guards to kneel on one knee. The only one standing was Emmy as she stared at the handsome man with sky blue eyes and sandy blonde hair.

"Crown Prince Cael." Reaper said as he bowed his head.