End You

If there wasn't a table between them, Margaret would have slapped Emmy for her remark. 

"Are you sure you have good intentions towards your son?"  Emmy said as she smiled wickedly at Margaret.  "Or are you just trying to sell him, like a whore, to the highest bidder?" 

"You think you know so much!"  Margaret said as she stood up straighter.  "You know nothing about what happened in the past to be judging me and questioning my intentions!" 

"I know enough to know that you're a shit mother and a shittier person.  You can choose which ones you want to be."  Emmy told her. 

"You!"  Margaret sneered at Emmy wanting to rip Emmy's face off.  Instead of trying to make Emmy lose face, she changed her strategy and tried to reason with Emmy.  How could a savage person like Emmy know anything about the struggles of others? She had used her beauty and her witchcraft to pass through her life easily. Emmy has no right to judge her.

"You, leave my son alone!  Haven't you heard what everyone says about you!?!  Don't you know what they say about you, also hurts Seoras!  You can't help Seoras in any way!  You can't unburden Seoras in any of his responsibilities!  You have no connections to help him.  You have no money to help support him.  You have nothing of value to help him or the people of Ceco! How can you be so selfish and insist on staying by his side?  Don't you want to protect Seoras?!? Don't you want him to succeed?  Don't you want the people of Ceco to be prosperous?"

"I can say the same to you."  Emmy said back. "Don't you know what they say about you and how it hurts Seoras?  You can't help Seoras either! You have no connections that want to work with Seoras without underhanded intentions.  You have no money to support him.  You too, can't unburden him in any of his responsibilities!  You have nothing of value to help Seoras! Who are you to say these words to me, when you can't even help him yourself!"

Emmy stopped to take a breath before continuing, while Margaret's hands squeezed into tight fists.

"What right do you have to have to make any choice on his life?  You lost your right as his mother the minute you left him when he was a baby. You're nothing, but a opportunity seeking, selfish hypocrite, who fakes being worried about Seoras, when you're really just worried about yourself." Emmy told her.  "If you were really worried for Seoras like you say you are, you would know that Seoras is a man who can make his own decisions, carry the burden of being Lord Tomas, while training everyday to become a stronger Mage.  But you don't know that!  Because you left when he was just a baby!  You know nothing about him!  You--"

"Enough."  Seoras said, cutting Emmy off.  "Don't waste your words on her." 

Emmy immediately closed her mouth and humphed at Seoras.  Emmy's pouty face made the corner of Seoras's mouth twitch with amusement. The more time he spent with her, the more she opened up to him and the more he found new things to love about her. 

"I am your Mother!"  Margaret said softly as she turned to Seoras.  If yelling and demanding didn't work, she will try other tactics to win him over. Her eyes were rimmed red as if she would cry any moment.  Her mouth frowned as she spoke softly as if she was bullied and wronged by Emmy.  "I want nothing more than for you to be happy.  I just want someone by your side who can help you manage your household.  Help you unload some burdens you carry as Lord Tomas.  Help your people become more prosperous. I just have your best intentions at heart and I believe that Lady Emmy is not that person who can help you."

"We all know what your intentions towards me are."  Seoras said as he walked towards Emmy.  He immediately grabbed Emmy's waist and brought her closer to him.  "Whither it be good or bad, I want none of it. The heavens see all and knows all. And for you to lie so well, in front of me, with such a face, I have to commend you.  If anyone who didn't know you, saw this, they would think that I was bullying you and being unfilial towards you." 

Margaret's face immediately changed.  Her whole demeanor changed in a split second and her true self showed through.  How could her son say those words to her!  Her own son, who she carried and gave birth to, how could he pick the Witch's side and not give her any face! 

All her life, she had to fight for the things she wanted.  She fought, schemed, and worked hard for every little thing, and her own son couldn't see her struggle.  Couldn't even help her when he obviously could just reach out a hand to help her obtain her wants and wishes.  It was always her against the whole world and she thought that her son would at least be in her corner.  She had birthed an unfilial son indeed.  How could she just let this matter rest when she had her own livelihood to think about! 

"If that is how you view your mother than there is nothing I can do!"  Margaret said as she raised her head in anger.  "But I'll never let you marry her!  She will be the misfortune of you and as your mother, this will be the last thing I do!"

"Are you done?"  Seoras said as he took a breath to calm his nerves.  He knew that Margaret was the kind of person who would only listen to herself and do what she wants.  She will never change her ways. Talking to her would be a waste of time. 

"As long as I'm alive, Lady Emmy will NEVER be Lady Tomas!"  Margaret shouted as she stomped her feet. 

"Me, keeping you alive, is the most filial I can be towards you."  Seoras told her.  "Do not think I am so tolerant of your schemes.  Should you try to hurt Emmy in any way, I will end you."