Beast Master Wizard (2)

His body shivered as if the mysterious magic aura reached out to touch him.  He quickly looked away from Emmy and stilled his heart. Dominic quickly closed his eyes and closed his connection to see magic.  He built a mental shield around his mind and body from the mysterious probe. He felt as if the mysterious magic aura could steal his soul.  Dominic swallowed his fear and hid it quickly before he looked back at Emmy.

Dominic wanted to ask Emmy what she was, but decided not to.  He could not put his village in jeopardy just for his curiosity.

“Haha!”  Reaper laughed fakely.  “Of course our Lady Emmy is strong and dangerous!  Why would Lord Seoras send someone who is weak and cowardly to help his people fight a Beast Master Wizard?!?  Haha!”

“Yes.  Yes! Our Lady is strong and dangerous!”  Everyone else agreed as they forced a laughter.  

Emmy gave a very unladylike snort before drinking her tea to cover it up.  

“I won’t disturb you further tonight.”  Dominic said as he stood up and bow towards Emmy.  “I’ll come to the Inn in the morning and we can continue with our talks then.

Goodnight.”  

Emmy nodded and Simon stood up and walked Dominic out.  When they were alone Cael turned to Emmy and asked the question that Dominic couldn’t ask.  

“What did Dominic mean by you having something else other than your mage magic?”  Cael questioned Emmy.

Emmy looked at Cael and smiled at Cael.  However her smile was not exactly a smile.  It contained a dangerous glint to it. As if she was the hunter and he the prey. Cael’s body shiver with fear and he slowly sat up as if to flee at a moment’s notice.

“I won’t know.”  Emmy said softly as if to hypnotize him.  “Who knows, he might be lying.”

Cael couldn’t argue if Dominic or Emmy was the one lying.  Because in the end, no one really admitted anything.

“If that is the case, then I bid you goodnight.”  Cael said. He slowly stood up and walked away, as if any sudden movements would attract the hunter’s attention and he’ll immediately be killed.

It was only when they heard Cael and Price’s door close did Reaper and everyone else laughed.  

“I should have made a bet that Prince Cael would be the one to pee his pants and not Dominic!”  Reaper said between his laughter.

“Did you see his face!”  Warly said as he wiped the tears that fell down his face from laughing.  “He’s the Crown Prince and he’s scared of our Lady!”

“Alright.  Alright.” Emmy said as she stood up.  “Enough making fun of the Crown Prince.  He might take it out on Lord Seoras if we laugh at him too much.  Have a goodnight, guys.”

When Emmy left the room, she could still hear the men snicker and tried to cover their laughter with coughs.   Shaking her head, she smiled. It was a genuine smile. One that no one saw.

The next morning, by the time she reached the dining hall all her men were chatting loudly and eating already.  When Emmy entered the room, she saw that the Crown Prince and Price were also there and the young Village Leader, Dominic. Beside Dominc sat a younger man, one that Emmy has not seen  before.   

Simon ran between his guests and the kitchen delivering their breakfast and pouring coffee and tea for everyone.  The moment Emmy entered the room, all the Ceco soldiers stopped talking and stood up at the same time.

Their obedience and discipline caused Cael to admire them even more.  Emmy sat down in the open chair that they left for her. To her right was Reaper, to her left was Lukas.  A plate of food was already in front of Emmy before she could ask for tea. Lukas had already poured her a cup of tea before she could even thank Simon for placing her breakfast before her.

“Thank you.”  Emmy finally said as she grabbed her tea cup and blew on the tea before sipping it.  “Good morning, everyone.”

“Good morning.”  Everyone said back in unison.  

“Please continue.”  Emmy told them as she sat back in her chair.  

“We were just waiting for you to come downstairs before we begin our talks about our plan to defeat the Beast Master Wizard.”  Reaper said.

“Did anyone scout the layout of Clovis?”  Emmy asked.

“There are only two entries into Clovis. The entrance at the East gate and the entry at the West gate.”  Domic answered. “The walls around the village are not high and there are no guards to watch the gates. Those that come to Clovis are mostly passing travelers and merchants. There are no trained guards.  Just me and a few men who protects the village, should there be anyone who causes trouble, however mostly everyone who lives here are farmers.”

“To protect the village and the villagers, it would be best to fight the Wizard outside of the village.”  Cael said.

“We’ll leave some guards behind to ensure the village is safe when we do fight the Wizard.”  Emmy told them. “Is there a safety procedure in place with the villagers, should there be any dangers?”  

“Yes.”  Dominic told her.  “Everyone knows to leave everything behind and exit through the East gate should we be attacked by the West gate and vice versa.”  

“And should you be attacked at the same time at each gate, effectively cutting your route of escape?”  Emmy asked him. “What then? Do you not have a secret route that also can save the villagers?”

“We do.  However it will only be used under extreme circumstances.”  Dominic told her truthfully.

“Good.”  Emmy said.  “If that is the case.  We’ll wait for the Wizard outside of the West gate where he is projected to enter Clovis.  Fuller, Barden, Weber and Marvin will guard the Eastern entrance. Warly, Sherman and Cedric will guard the West gate.  Reaper, Lukas, and Joey will be with me.”

“Price and I will lend you a hand.”  Cael joined in to her planning.

“I will also join you.”  Dominic said as he turned to the young man sitting beside him.  “My younger brother, Milo will be in charge while I’m away from the village.”   

Emmy wondered who the young man was, but did not ask.  Emmy could see the similarity between Dominic and Milo however while Dominic was tall, tan and handsome.  Milo was about average height, thin and fair. He looked more like a scholar than a farmer.

“We will also have some village men walking around the village to keep vigilance and ensure everyone is calm during this time.”  Milo said after he cleared his throat.

Milo dared not look at Emmy too long, his quick gazes at her were fleeting the whole time.  His first impression of her made his whole body tense as if she would unleash her strength on to him at any moment.   He was sensitive towards mages and wizards, that was the main reason why he returned home from his studies. The magic from mages and wizards made him feel ill.  

“When the wizard comes, I will fight the wizard and do my best to help subdue the beast, while you guys kill it.”  Emmy told them.

The Ceco soldiers did not argue with Emmy’s plan however Cael and Dominic did not agree.  

“I will also help you kill the wizard.”  Cael and Dominic said at the same time. Afterwards they both looked at each other and smiled awkwardly before looking back at Emmy.  

“No need.  You’ll be in my way.”  Emmy told them. “It would be best if you guys concentrate on the beast while I fight the Wizard.”  

Cael wanted to argue with Emmy, however Price quickly grabbed his arm.  

“Remember your identity.”  Price whispered to Cael. “We cannot afford to lose you.”

Before they could continue on with their planning, Emmy stood up and looked towards the West.  

“The Wizard’s here.” Emmy told them.