Lady Margaret (2)

Everyone walked down to the dining hall together for dinner as they followed Seth.  Before them, soldiers had already sat down in their seats as food were laid out on the tables.  

Beside Seoras and Emmy, all the honored seats were already filled up with soldiers.  There was a table to the right side of Emmy that had enough seats that were left empty for them.  

Swallowing their anger they all sat down where they were brought to.  All except Margaret and Avina. Before Avina could shout her displeasure, Lord Edie pulled her down to sit next to him and stared at her sternly before she closed her mouth and looked down at her plate.  

Lady Margaret on the other hand didn’t sit down where she was brought to, but instead daringly walked up to Emmy and stared at Emmy hatefully.  

“You dare make the mother of Lord Tomas sit with the commoners!”  Margaret shouted at she pointed at Emmy from across the table

“Mother?  What mother?”  Emmy asked as she looked around the room for Seoras’s “mother” that Margaret was mentioning.  

“You!”  Margaret shouted.  “I am his Mother!”

“The way I see it.  You lost that right to be his Mother when you left him when he was just a baby.”  Emmy told her. “Who are you to spout that nonsense that you are his mother when you left him and Lord Knede to become a second wife to a merchant?”  

“Once a Mother, always a mother!”

“You wouldn’t even know how to be a Mother even if slapped you in the face. You carried him for nine months and that’s the only reason why you’re standing here. Now go sit where we allowed you to sit.”  Emmy told her. “With the kind of “Mother” you are, you should feel honored to sit next to these fine soldiers!”

The soldiers toasted Emmy’s words as they all stood up with a mug of beer in their hands.  

“To Lady Emmy!”  One of the shouted before the rest repeated those same words.  

Margaret opened and closed her mouth several times, but nothing came out.  She looked at her son, but her son’s face held a wooden expression on it. She was humiliated in front of everyone and no one there stood up for her.  Not even the powerful Lord Edie who had just had his way with her not 30 minutes ago. She never had anyone on her side. She could only rely on herself.  

“How shameless are you that you keep on standing there, making everyone wait to begin dinner?”  Emmy asked as her eyebrow lifted. “You still want Lord Seoras acknowledge something that never was?”

Margaret bit the inside of her cheek as she held in her anger.  Blood began to fill her mouth as she quickly turned to sit down next to Lady Hanna.  She had a mission she still had to do. She will swallow her anger, her pride, her self worth to ensure it happens.  She will ensure that Seoras meets his fate with Lady Hanna and Lady Donna.