Virtue (2)

Dinner with their guests was uneventful.  They kept to themselves as the soldiers ate quickly and quietly.  No one welcomed the guests and once dinner was done, they quickly departed.  

Emmy quickly left the dining hall to be with her roses.  She sat between the bushes as she cultivated beside them.  She felt the magic in the air dance as the moon called out it.  It was some time before she noticed that she was no longer alone.  The quiet footsteps made its way towards her, however was quickly stopped.  Emmy kept cultivating as she listened to their conversation.

“Lord Seoras!”  Lady Hanna said as she and Donna caught up with him.  They had been waiting for him nearby and finally caught up to him.  

Seoras turned around and stared at the two women.  His dangerously charming aura could be felt as the moon shined brightly over him.

Donna quickly stepped back, bringing Hanna with her.  She could feel Seoras silent killing intent as he stared down at them with annoyance.  She knew Seoras was dangerous, but just how dangerous, she couldn’t comprehend until that moment.

Hanna quickly bowed and which made Donna bow before they stood up.  

“May we walk with you around the rose garden?”  Hanna asked innocently as she looked up to Seoras with hopeful eyes. “Lady Donna and I ate too much during dinner and came out for a walk.  It so happens that we are walking the same way. May we walk this path together?”

Without a word Seoras turns around to keep on walking and Hanna quickly pulled Donna to walk behind Seoras.  His tall and muscular frame made Hanna’s heart tremble. No wonder Avina loved this man so much. He exuded strength, power, and prestige.  He was handsome yet cold. However his indifferent attitude made her want to get to know him even more. It was his charm, that made women want to become closer to him.  To melt the icy exterior and become his warmth to keep the cold away.

Lady Donna on the other hand was wary of Lord Seoras.  She had grown up around rough and dangerous men all her life.  Her father trained her senses well to know who was dangerous and who wasn’t.  Even though she was not gifted with magic, she knew how to fight and defend herself.  She knew that Lord Seoras was a man she could not provoke. Why would her father want to provoke a dangerous man like Lord Seoras?  She didn’t know, but she knew, she had a mission and that mission was more important that her intuition telling her to run away.

“Lord Seoras.”  Lady Hanna said softly.  “If my cousin, Lady Avina displeased you in any way, please let me apologize on her behalf. My cousin can be headstrong and with how Lord Uncle indulges Lady Avina, she can act without manners.”  

Seoras stopped walking as he spoke to the young girl.  

“And if I indulge my soldier and let him kill you, I can also brush it off as letting him act without manners?”  

Lady Hanna could only stop herself as his words made her heart beat quickly.  She suddenly feared for her life as she held onto Donna tighter.

“Ha!  What a joke you and your family are.”  Seoras said. “If your Lord is this stupid, the rest of Maru must be the same.”  

Donna’s eyes lit up in alarm.  If Lord Seoras thinks that they are weak and stupid, would he rage war against them?  However he promised he wouldn’t invade Maru for the phoenix stone necklace. Her nerves settled down a bit when she remembered his promise.  

Hanna looked at Donna and Donna nodded her head.  This was their chance. They would not know when their next chance to find Lord Seoras would be.  

“Lord Seoras.”  Hanna said as reached out to pull the back of his shirt.  Her hand stopped when a vine wrapped itself around her wrist, stopping her immediately.  

“Go back.”  Seoras warned them. “Do not bother this Lord again.”  

“As Lord Seoras commands.”  Donna said as she bowed, she took out a white dust from the pouch she carried with her.  When she stood, she quickly blew it towards Seoras. The wind blew the white powder towards Seoras as he breathed it in and quickly his body became hot.  

“What did you do?”  Seoras asked as his vision started wavering.  His body grew hotter and hotter as he loosened the button at his neck.  It was as if a fire was lit with his veins. Hanna’s arm wrapped around Seora’s waist as he could feel himself lose strength and consciousness.  His could no longer summon the magic within him to protect himself. He swayed on his feet as Donna wrapped her arms around his waist as well. They both held on to Seoras with his arm around their necks as they quickly and silently brought him further and further away from the rose garden.  

Emmy opened her eyes and looked at the bright moon.  Her cultivation was just getting started when she was interrupted.  How could Seoras let the two young ladies get the best of him? He underestimated them and thought that they did not have anything on them to harm him.  And now look where he’s at? Now the two young ladies are going to have their way with him.

Serves him right!  Emmy thought. Who told him to let them get so close, to be able to harm him!   Emmy could tell that the white powder they blew was an aphrodisiac powder called Lust Dust.  It was something that was easily sold and bought at the red light district. She had her fair share of Lust Dust used on her, so she quickly realized the smell of Lust Dust when it flew in the air.

Although she was further away from them, she wasn’t as affected as Seoras or the two Ladies.  But she did breathe in the Lust Dust. Her body did have a small reaction to it, but she could still control herself.  

Emmy sighed heavily as groaned out with annoyance as she stood up to kick the dirt.  

“Why me?”  Emmy complained before quickly running after the trio.  She guessed she does have to go save her husband’s virtue.