The Gods Have Eyes

In the 14 days that the Igoh emissary was expected to arrive in Ceco, Seoras, Gengrick, Emmy and Dominic all went to do their perspective work.  Gengrick sent men to find out why they were visiting Ceco along with the reason why the Crown Prince was escorting the Igoh emissary. Both Dominic and Gengrick went over the security detail of the city and the castle.  They added more guards and soldiers to the city gates and patrols. They also added more men to guard the castle as well.

Seoras sent a city wide notice of the Igoh guest and Crown Prince Cael’s visit.  Everyone in the city made sure their houses, business, and roads were extra clean.  Some even went as far as hanging banners, painting their businesses and buying new clothes for the event.  

Seoras ensured that his home was hospitable and had enough food to feed the guests.  A whole soldier’s building was cleared out and cleaned for the Igoh guards and Seoras hired more kitchen staff, maids and servants as well.   

Emmy on the hand went around the city and set up her traps.  Although it looked like she was planting roses to make the city look nicer, those flowers were her hidden weapons.  The rose bushes have been infused with Emmy’s magic and could help her see and listen to its surroundings. Emmy could surveil the whole city without even leaving her bed.  

The day before the Igoh guests were expected to arrive, they four of them sat inside of Seoras’s study going over the information they just received from their scouts.  

“So the excuse for their visit is to observe Ceco’s booming agriculture.”  Gengrick said as he read the report. “I also believe they want to set up a trade with Ceco.”  

“I think so too.”  Dominic agreed. “Ceco has never traded with other countries.  Only with other territories within Lire.”

“What’s the point of trading with other countries when we make enough money to support our people and ourselves by just trading within Lire?” Gengrick said.  

“What else does the report say?”  Emmy asked.

Gengrick read the summarized the report for everyone.  

“The emissary’s name is Minister Robin.  He also brought with him Duke Arashi, Sir Colton,  Lady Heather, and Lady Bailey. There is nothing else on this report.“

Emmy froze when she heard those familiar names.  In all her life, she did not expect to see those people ever again.  She didn’t even think about taking revenge on Heather. She figured that since she lived in Lire now, she had nothing to do with Igoh any more.  Who would have thought that the Gods would deliver her enemy to her doors.

Emmy started laughing softly and slowly.  However she couldn’t hold herself back. Her laughter became unabashedly loud and hearty.  She leaned back into her chair and held onto her stomach as it began to hurt, however she couldn’t stop laughing.  She laughed so hard her tears began to fall. Whether it was tears from laughter or tears from the pain she received at the hands of Heather, she didn’t know.  What she did know was that she would get her revenge. Heather would get what was coming for her.

“Is everything alright?”  Seoras asked as his brows crigled in worry.  He has never seen Emmy act this way before.

Emmy sat up and rubbed her stomach as her other hand wiped her face.  

“Everything’s fine.  Everything’s just great!”  Emmy said as she smiled. “The Gods have eyes and they have sent me the person who sold me to Cherry Blossom House to our doors.”

The three of them froze from her words.  In all these years, Emmy never spoke about her past.  She refused, stating that it was in the past and it should stay there.  She always worked hard on herself and to build her future. She was always running forward, never looking back.  When she told them that she was sold into Cherry Blossom House, all of their heart lit a hateful fire inside of them.  They wanted to know who sold her and wanted to kill the person who hurt her.  Their gaze became hard and cold as they all held back their anger and let Emmy speak.  They were afaid Emmy would not reveal her past if they asked to many questions at once.

“What do you mean?”  Dominic said as he squeezed the arm of the chair he sat in.  His rage ran through him and he was unable to contain himself. He remembered that although he made significant steps closer towards Emmy, they still have not shared a second kiss.

Emmy smiled bitterly and knew she couldn’t keep hiding her past.  The three men in the room cared and loved her. They deserved to know the truth.  Emmy sighed heavily before she told them her story.

By the end of it, her eyes were blank as if the story she told didn’t happen to her.  Her body was stiff and her hands were cold, however she didn’t feel anything. She forced a self deprecating laughter out before she forced the bitter pill she swallowed for so many years back down to her stomach.  

Now that Heather was coming to Ceco, she will not let Heather go.  The Emmy now, was not the Emmy in the past. The Emmy today is someone nobody can mess with, let alone say her name.