My All To You

Emmy's eyes rimmed red and she was grateful at Sir Gengrick's words. Her heart felt stuffy and was glad the curtain covered the window on the carriage. She could not show this side to anyone. They would think she was weak.

"Em." Emmy said as she breathed through her nose slowly. "Then I shall place my trust in you."

Her simple sentence to Gengrick has sealed her fate and his together. His love, would belong to her. His loyalty would belong to her. His life would belong to her. Even if the whole world turned their back on her. He would stand by her side, with his head up high as they faced the world's scorn.

The talk along the way to the first business, was light with laughter as Gengrick told he stories from his childhood. Her bell like laughter made his heart itchy and his smile widen as he elaborated his misadventures as a naughty and precocious child to a stubborn and arrogant teenager.

When they reached the first business, Gengrick quickly got off of his horse and helped Emmy down of carriage. The manager greeted them at the door and brought them inside. Once inside, they did not see the citizens of Ceco who saw Emmy and Gengrick point at them and start whispering at them. The rumors about Emmy have not died down in the city, in fact it had multipled.

Emmy and Gengrick was inside for an hour and by the time they exited the establishment, a large crowd have gathered. Once the angry crowd saw Emmy they all shouted and cursed her.

Gengrick quickly blocked Emmy with his body as he held her back, but it did not stop Emmy from hearing their angry words.

"Go back to where you came from, Witch!"

"You're nothing, but bad luck!"

"You've brought shame to Lord Tomas! How thick is your skin to keep on hanging on to him!"

"No only did you take Lord Tomas away from Lady Avina, but you've also bespelled my husband! He left me and my children! You slut!"

"It's because of you that my harvest this year was not abundant! How dare you curse us with your wicked deeds!"

"It's not enough that you take my husband and sons into the castle, but you have the audacity to keep on taking other husbands and sons into the castle! How many more of our men do you need for your wicked sacrifice?"

The louder they crowd became, the more Gengrick's face became ugly with anger. What surprised him was that the whole time Emmy did not say anything. Her quietness caused him to looked back at her. Emmy's head was bowed and Gengrick could not see her face. His heart hurt for her. Just when he turned his head around to yell at the crowd, Emmy's reaction made him stop immediately.

Emmy's shoulders started shaking as her laughter was soft and slow. Suddenly her laughter became loud and boisterous as she held onto her stomach. The crowd began to quiet down as they watched the young woman laugh at them.

"You folks are as ignorant as they come." Emmy said as she laughed louder. "Your husbands and sons are brought to the castle to train as soldiers, not for any sacrifice. If you don't believe me, then go to the castle and see for yourself! Your husband left you because he's a drunkard and a gambler, you know he's no good for you and your children, and yet, you still want to hold on tightly to him? You're pathetic. Your harvest this year is not abundant? That's your own fault and yet you want to blame me? Was it not because you were lazy and didn't take care of your farm and thus made your harvest this year small?"

Emmy's words counterattacked everyone's complaint as she spoke to them, not in anger, but sternly. Her words was a truth that they did not want to face themselves.

"Everyone here knows that Lady Avina was the one who brought her own anuallment with Lord Tomas. That happened long before Lord Tomas brought me here and yet you want to blame me for it? Ha! Who exactly is your Lord of Ceco? Is it Lord Tomas or Lady Avina? I've never heard of such disloyal citizens who would believe and fight for the other side, instead of Lord Seoras? If anyone should be ashamed, it should be all of you! You all are so easily persuaded and believed all the lies you were told! How ignorant are you? And you all have the guts to stand before me, so shamelessly, as if I'm the one who has a thick face?"

The crowd could not meet her gaze as they all looked away and looked down to the ground. How could they not be ashamed of their actions? Her words made them self reflect and made them realize what they did wrong.

"Who are you to choose who stays by Lord Seoras side." Emmy told them. "How presumptuous of you all to have a say with who can warm his bed or not. Lord Seoras is a strong Mage. As if anyone can trick him or bespell him! Those that stand by his side are those that he chose himself. Who are you to challenge his decision? Are you going against Lord Seoras and trying to raise a war against him? Are you going against his lordship because you want to become the next Lord Tomas?"

Everyone immediately knelt at Emmy's last words. How could they go against Lord Seoras? He brought peace and prosperity to their life, they wouldn't dare go against Lord Seoras.

"How dare those evil people say those horrible rumors about Lady Emmy and Lord Seoras! They are just trying to sow disharmony."

"Yes! Yes! They are just trying to sow disharmony against us and Lord Seoras!"

"Lady Emmy has never done any of those things that said she did. I've never seen her do it, has anyone else?"

"No. No. We haven't seen Lady Emmy commit any of those horrible crimes! It must be Lord Seoras's enemies that want to sow discord with us and Lord Seoras!"

"We must ask Lady Emmy's forgiveness! We have wronged her."

Quickly the crowd bowed their heads and in unison asked for Emmy's forgiveness. However Emmy did not give them any face. She just went inside of her carriage and and left them kneeling with their heads bowed.

"Lady Emmy." Gengrick softly said as he caught up to her carriage. "You... are you okay?"

Silence answered Gengrick for a long time. Just when Gengrick was just about to give up, Emmy spoke.

"From today onward, if the people of Ceco go against me one last time, I will not be so forgiving." Emmy told him. "I do not have patience to repeat myself over and over and try to prove myself over and over. If they say I did something, when I have not. I will do as they accuse me of doing to make the lie become truth."

"Lady Emmy..." Gengrick said softly as his heart hurt for her even more.

The lies and rumors that were made to smear her reputation, has turned her cold. If they want her to be a evil villain, then that is what she'll be.

"Will you still stand by me, knowing what I will become?" Emmy asked him. "Or will you turn away from me as well?"

Gengrick's silence answered Emmy for a long time. Emmy suddenly lost hope that Gengrick would leave her side as well. Tears that threaten to fall, quickly rushed to spill down her face, but stopped with Gengrick's words.

"My Lady." Gengrick said. His voice was hoarse as if he was trying to collect his own feelings. "I've already told you. I know you and I will stand by you. As long as you do not go against Lord Seoras, I will stand by you. If you want to go against the world, I will fight beside you and shield you as best as I can. For I have pledged my loyalty and my all to you."

*******
A/N:  Next up bxgxb aka ménage a trois. Quick reminder that this is a reverse harem novel.  Anyone who is not comfortable with multiple partners/ polyamorous relationships my want to skip the next chapter.