Betrayal

Lady Donna and Lady Hanna knelt in Avina's room as Avina slapped the two women over and over. Her anger fueled her to keep on hitting the two women even after they pleaded forgiveness.

"You both dare covet my husband!" Avina shouted as she slapped them again. "Behind my back, you drugged Seoras and tried to rape him so you can marry him! You're my best friends! And yet, you both betrayed me!"

Avina began to slap Donna and Hanna again as they could only cry and plead for forgiveness.

"You'll hurt your hand." Margaret said as she caught Avina's hand in mid swing. "Let your maids do it."

Avina nodded her head and within moments, two maids stood in front of Donna and Hanna and began to slap them.

"Why didn't you tell me?! Who ordered you to betray me!" Avina shouted.

"Please!" Donna said between sobs. "It... it was your father. He... he ordered us to do it. Please forgive us!"

"Lies! My father would never plan this! He would never try to hurt me!" Heather shouted. "Hit them! Hit them again!"

Donna and Hanna cried out again as they were slapped. Their faces were already pink and purple from Avina's slaps.

"It was Lord Edie." Hanna shouted. "And General Alex."

"It couldn't be my father, it must be General Alex's idea and my father only went along with it because General Alex pressured him." Avina said as she stared at Lady Donna.

Avina stepped up to Donna and pulled her hair as she dragged Donna to the vanity. Avina took the scissors from the vanity and began cutting Donna's hair.

"This is your punishment for trying to steal my husband away from me while I was recuperating! You will accept this punishment on behalf of your father!"

Donna screamed and tried to get away, however her hands were already tied behind her back. Even though she could easily overtake Avina and stop the punishment, she knew she had no authority to do so. She was a commoner, while Avina was nobility. If she fought against Avina, Donna would be punished along with her father and their family. She could only cry and plead, in hopes to pacify Avina.

All of Donna's long hair was cut off. Her head was in patches as tears ran down her face.

"We didn't want to do it. But Lord Edie ordered us to. In the end, we didn't even do it because we knew it was wrong. We didn't lay a hand on him, I promise. We were ordered not to tell you either!"

"Words. Words. Words. Your words mean nothing! You've kept this secret from me for so long while pretending to be my friends! What great actors you are!!!!" Avina screamed. "All this time, you both must be laughing behind my back!"

"We didn't! I swear!" Hanna shouted.

"And now you speak against me and yell at me! Slap them again!" Avina ordered the maids.

Margaret sat at the table with Lady Heather as they watched the scene unfold before them. After Emmy asked them what they would do about it, they could only endure for the moment and leave the dining hall. Their plans for Emmy's demise was not ready yet. They will endure now for a successful victory later. They all left the dining hall without finishing their dinner and went to Avina's room to talk. Heather was not expecting Avina to punish her cousin and friend in front of her and tie them up as she punished them.

Avina stepped towards Hanna and held Hanna's hair in her hand. With a couple snips Hanna's hair became short. Hanna cried out as she felt her hair fall before her eyes.

"There are so many men out there, and yet you both have the guts to seduce my husband before me?" Avina said as she knocked the back to Hanna's head. "Then you both hide it from me and lie to me for so long, while I treated you both like sisters! This betrayal is something I cannot accept."

Before Margaret could even stop Avina, the scissors in her hand stabbed Hanna's throat. When she pulled the scissors out, blood sprayed out on to the maid's dress, causing the maid to scream and faint. Avina stabbed Hanna in the chest over and over as more blood splattered the rug and on the maid.

Heather and Margaret screamed as well seeing the bloody scene. They sat and watched as Avina quickly made her way towards Donna as Donna struggled out of her bindings. However Avina was quicker as the scissors were opened up and slit Donnas throat. When Avina saw that the cut was shallow, Avina sliced Donna throat over and over until the light died from Donna's eyes.

Avina dropped the scissors and walked to the table. Margaret and Heather watach in sheer horror and terror as Avina poured herself a cup of hot tea and drank it down without cooling it down. She then walked to the bathing room and the sound of running water could be heard. Nanny Fai followed Avina and closed the bathing room door.

The moment the bathing room door closed, Heather and Margaret stood up as they race to leave the room, escaping the bloody scene and the horrible memory that would haunt them in their dreams.