Woman to Woman (2)

By the time Heather finished getting ready.  It was long past dinner time. Heather knew that Emmy liked to walk around the garden after dinner and would be there for a long time, which would give her the best time to confront to Emmy.  

Heather, Nanny Fai, two maids and four guards made their way towards the rose garden.  The night sky was clear as the moon shined brightly on the white stone pathway that lead her straight to Emmy.  

Heather sneered as she saw Emmy sit on the dirty ground, just like the peasant she is.  Heather signaled for her people to disperse as a lookout for her as she confronted Emmy.  

The only person with her was Nanny Fai as she made her way towards Emmy.  

“What did you do with Leevi?”  Heather asked as she stopped a few feet away from Emmy.  

Even though Heather didn’t care what happened to Leevi, Leevi was still her maid and her responsibility to discipline or not.  Just the thought of Emmy having something that belonged to her, made her more jealous.

When Emmy did not answer, Heather took a few steps forward and spoke again.  

“As Leevi’s master, I demand to know where she is.”  

When Heather was met with silence again, Heather took a few more steps and spoke again.  

“What did you do to her?  Did you kill her? What would Lord Seoras think if he knew what you did to Leevi?  What would Duke Arashi think? How about Prince Cael?” Heather threatened. “If you don’t tell me, I’ll let them know what kind of a person you are!”  

When Emmy did not answer her again, Heather became even more angry.  

“You whore!  You slut! Answer me!  What makes you think you can kill my maid? Should I tell everyone how you served other men in Cherry Blossom House?  That you are actually a whore! A slut who opened your legs to other men?” Heather threatened. “Answer me!”

When Emmy did not answer her, it enraged Heather to the point that she couldn’t think clearly anymore.  Heather ran up to Emmy and raised her leg to kick Emmy. However Emmy moved swiftly and dodged her kick.  Heather felt something knock her other foot and Heather could only watch in surprise as her body fell sideways.  

“Ah!”  Heather screamed as she fell, while Emmy stood up.  

Nanny Fai screamed in surprise as she ran towards Heather and checked Heather’s limbs to see if she was okay.  

“Get off of me.  Get off of me!” Heather shouted as she pushed Nanny Fai off of her.  Nanny Fai fell onto her butt as watched Heather in confusion.

Heather heard several footsteps running towards them and Heather quickly slapped her cheek twice and messed up her hair.  She tore the collar of her dress and her sleeve as she cried loudly.

“How could you attack me Emmy!  I just asked you to return my maid so I can punish her.  Why did you attack me? What did I do wrong?”

Heather’s face was wet by the time everyone arrived.  Prince Cael, Sir Colton, and Duke Arashi stood side by side as she witness Heather’s unsightly state.  They all heard Heather’s accusation while they made their way towards the commotion.

“I just came out here to apologise on behalf of my maid.  Why did you attack me? Why?” Heather cried even louder as she cupped her cheek.    

Colton’s eyes moved between Emmy and Heather.  He couldn’t help himself. He was raised as a gentleman.  He couldn’t stand crying woman. Especially woman who have been bullied.  His impression of Emmy kept changing. On one hand, Emmy seemed cold yet dependable.  Smart and fair yet calculating. However, with the rumors he heard about her and the way she treated Heather, his opinion of Lady Emmy kept changing.  

Colton took a step forward to help Heather, however Arashi’s hand came forward and held on to Colton’s shoulder.  Colton looked back at Arashi and Arashi shook his head no.

“Don’t interfere.” Arashi said.

Colton sighed heavily and took several steps back.  He waited by the sidelines to see what will happen next.