Chapter 1: Return to Busan

"Log number one, district, Busan. Today, the ocean looks so bright, the seagulls are flying around and the sun is out to greet us all. I'm finally back in Busan for more of my studies. It feels so great to be home. Just recently I'm starting to keep this log so I can record my thoughts in. As a journalist, I must be able to write down things and describe them like they are able to be imagined so easily." Said a man sitting at the dock near the ocean. The young man wore a red beanie covering his blonde hair, a big black coat that was buttoned up due to the slightly cold weather, long black pants and comfortable shoes.

         The journalist had an attractive appearance, his plump lips were a soft and bright pink, his hair was a bright blonde hair color, his dark brown almond shaped eyes shined as bright as any star followed by a gleam of excitement that the young man would have at every glance he would take at every single thing he would look at. It was the bright and happy aura that followed him everywhere. His personality was angelic and happy that was all put into his journal entries or blogs he would write about.

           The young man sat alone by the ocean, not caring if he was to get wet from the cold water that splashed onto the dock. He held up and started to think on what to say into his small white and black 8GB digital voice recorder that recorded with high quality for the journalist's logs or interviews.

         "Hmm.. That shouldn't be the first log in my entry... I should make it seem like it's the first chapter of my life..." The man added, bringing the recorder up to his mouth and began to speak. "Log number one, district, Busan. The ocean waves clash onto the dock just below me as the cold wind blows through my hair so gently. The sun is out to greet us all by it's warmth followed by the seagulls that caw and fly above us. The day seems bright for my first day back at my home district, Busan located in the Republic of South Korea. My name is Park Jimin. I am Twenty-three years old and I am a well-known journalist here in my district. I make blogs, work behind fashion magazines, newsletters and of course during my breaks, I love to read." Park Jimin stated.

           "I am back here in my district due to my boss changing my location for the meantime so I can complete various entries as in interviews, strange occurrences and beautiful landmarks. However, I've lived here all my life and there's only so much I can show. Yet, I haven't been here for so long... Maybe somethings changed while I was gone taking my travels around other South Korean districts or even working abroad for most of my young adult life. I wish I can go on about the besutiful landmarks I've travelled around while I was going abroad, however that's not my purpose here."

          The young Twenty-three year old introduced himself to the recorder and stood up too look at the waves flowing and clashing onto the wooden pillars of the dock below him where jagged rocks were planted under the dock. "Just this morning, I arrived to Busan with my best friend, Kim Taehyung. We're roomates! Well only because he's my Journal editor that reviews my work and reaches out to get it published and helps with gaining publicity on my work. He's very helpful, he helps with copyrights, plagiarism against my works and settles it afterwards." Jimin mentioned and before he can add onto that, he heard someone call out to him in front of the apartment complex by the ocean.

          "JIMIN!" Shouted a tall man from afar, waving his arms quickly and of course signalling the young man to head over there. Jimin sighed and shoved his recorder in his pocket as he began to walk over to the tall man.

        Slowly Jimin walked towards the man, his face was more clear now. He was a tall and charming man. Black hair that was forming a short mullet, bangs that covered his full and dark eyebrows, a sharp V-shaped face, a passionate gaze with his big dark brown eyes hidden under his round silver eyeglasses where his slightly longer eyelashes were still able to be seen. His looks matched with his attire of a dark blue dress shirt under his big white coat, black slacks and closed in classic black shoes.

          "Did you check in the apartment, Taehyung?" Jimin wondered, hoping his roommate must have atleast made sure the apartment they were going to stay in wasn't a rip off.

             Taehyung stuffed his hands into the pockets of his white coat and titled his head at Jimin. "No we need the key first." Taehyung added as Jimin looked down at Taehyung's choice of pants attire.

           "Black slacks? Again? How aren't you freezing?" Jimin wondered as Taehyung let out a laugh and shook his head, taking out a hot pack from one of his pockets in his slacks.

           "This won't last me long so let's hurry up now. I want to go inside." Taehyung added, turning around and heading towards a tall apartment building up ahead as Jimin followed along. On their way there, Jimin looked up at the big building that only consisted of three floors. When he was looking in for apartments in Busan, he was told that this apartment complex was the most vacant apartment yet! However, only one floor of the apartment was isolated while the first two floors were filled with people living in them.

             Jimin walked into the apartment office where he met the landlord to settle a few more house rules and of course accept his apartment keys. Jimin stepped into the office to see that there was a few people giving him stares before walking off and minding their own buisness. Something was off and Jimin could feel it.

         The Land lord was a wise old man using a green dress shirt, brown slacks and indoor house shoes while he always had his hands behind his back. Adjusting the glasses on his face time to time. He owned two kittens in his office made him smile everyday. The land lord was a nice man that everyone loved in the complex. Jimin know he was going to love living here now with such a happy atmosphere.

            "Park Jimin, right? Welcome! Let's settle down some house rules before I hand you over the keys." The wise old man stated as Jimin listened to him.

           "Yes?"

            "You are to respect your neighbors and do not bother them if they don't long to speak, don't play loud music, don't get too loud, don't steal other's mail, keep your halls clean, no drug use, pets are allowed just clean after them, don't litter around the complex, any suspicious behavior, I'll kick you out and of course don't shout out in the halls." The man advised as Jimin smiled and nodded.

           "Yes, sir." Jimin said making the landlord smile and turn around to look for Jimin's keys. The way he had the keys displayed on a key holder was based on the number of rooms available in each floor. The first floor had no more rooms left available, the second had two keys but one was reserved and the third floor, was filled with a row of keys with only one taken. The man chose the last room of the second floor that wasn't reserved and handed it over to Jimin. "Enjoy!"

          "Mister, why are all the keys in the thrid floor not taken?" Jimin wondered as The man's smile faded and turned to pet his white kitten softly.

         "Well, maybe no one likes the third floor. The third floor is rumored to be haunted but don't believe those foolish stories! There is someone living up there so you and your roommate won't don't have to worry about no ghost." The Man added nervously as if he believed the rumors but only told Jimin not to believe it just to have the young man stay at the complex and keep quiet about spreading more bad rumors about the apartment. That alone will ruin the old landlord's buisness! 

         Jimin accepted the keys and nodded, being atleast thankful he was given a room at the second floor, far from the third floor. However, Jimin just couldn't help but to wonder what was so scary about this haunted third floor? The thought alone sounded as cliché as it already was. But being the curious Journalist Jimin was, he couldn't bear to stop thinking about it. Just who would be so enough crazy to live up there in a haunted floor?