Chapter 48: Hold back

"Why aren't you answering to me..? Why don't you listen to me and why have you been ignoring me?" Hoseok whispered as he refused to let Taehyung go until he answered.

             "This Isn't... T-The best place to talk about this.." Taehyung sputtered feeling eyes stare at him in every direction. "Get off.." Taehyung whispered. "You're making a scene..."

            "Let them stare... I want you to talk to me and if this is what I have to do to get to you to speak... I'll do it! In front of the whole residents if I have to..." Hoseok added as he couldn't care less about the people staring at the two hugging. "Please... Say something to me, Kim Taehyung... Why are you ignoring me..? Are you with Jimin now? Someone who makes you happy other than me..?" The older speculated silently as he looked up at Taehyung in the eyes. "That has to be it... Isn't it?" Hoseok whispered as Taehyung just sighed and fixed his glasses on his eyes.

           "I'll tell you if we can go somewhere more private." Taehyung added, watching Hoseok quickly nod and drag the boy out of the lobby and down the hall of the first floor. Leading the younger into his apartment in a rush. Hoseok didn't care if people stared, Taehyung meant a lot to him and losing the younger made Hoseok grow worried after all this time. Hoseok shut the door and locked it to look back at the boy who was looking down at the ground. Thinking of what to say now.

            "Taehyung.... Tell me what's wrong... What's going on between us?" Hoseok wondered, walking up to the younger and watching Taehyung slowly back up, almost reaching the couch as he gripped on to the mail in his hands.

            "U-Us...? T-There is no us.." Taehyung whispered and suddenly backed up against the couch while Hoseok stood in front of him. "There never was... That's the issue. I have been ignoring you and I've tried my best to avoid you, okay?"

           "Just because... There's nothing between us you stopped talking to me? Taehyung, that doesn't make sense! You must be lying... Aren't you?" Hoseok asked as Taehyung looked up at the older. Silently keeping his mouth shut through it all. "Be honest with me like I am to you..."

          "..Are you?" Taehyung fired making Hoseok raise his eyebrow.

           "Am I? Am I what?"

           "Are you really honest..? Because I really can't seem to recall the time you told me you and Yoongi were closer friends now! I-I thought you would tell me but you left me to find out on my own. I may never be as close to you as Yoongi ever was... But just because he's back in your life doesn't mean I don't exist and you don't have to tell me a thing! Do you know how much it hurts when I look back at the time you moved your hand to make me step away and not interrupt your call with Yoongi?! How you always wanted to stay silent between the two of you?! This... This isn't fair!"

              "Isn't fair?! Taehyung, you have been ignoring me for almost a month and expect me to track you down and tell you? All you've done was get silent and read my messages only to ignore me! I'm tired of that... I had to see you! Can't you see you matter to me more than Yoongi? I've only been hanging out with him since we have the project but other than that... there isn't anything between us. He would stay over and yes I won't lie... He tried to get something going but it's not the same. Not the same feelings we had before and I realized..." Hoseok then added, leaning over to get onto the couch and tower over the confused younger.

               "R-Realized.... What...?" Taehyung asked as Hoseok took off Taehyung's glasses and smiled, wiping off the fog in  the lens that were caused by the little tears that ran from the younger's face from finally confessing.

              "That... I only have those feelings when I have you by my side." Hoseok added and dried the tears from Taehyung's face that started to flow even more by those words. "Taehyung... I'm sorry I haven't put you on top for so long... I worried and thought of you every night. It wasn't until you were gone from my life that left me to realize... You matter more to me than anyone else." Hoseok mentioned while Taehyung cupped his own face, wiping off the endless flowing tears.