Chapter 7: Alarming

Jimin was then getting himself ready to wait out in the lobby for this boy. He didn't care about a thing his roommate said and was determined to make a friend in this apartment complex. Jimin was in front of the mirror in his bathroom wearing a jean jacket with a white tank top under it, blue matching jeans and white hightop vans as he threw back his blonde hair, giving off a seductive look as soon as he rolled his hair back and exposed his forehead.

              Jimin quickly grew insecure about his look, walking back to his cabinets to make sure he wears a long sleeved white sweater and black skinny jeans to match with his black and white style. Jimin then placed on a grey wool beanie and smiled, making sure his hair wasn't rolled back and just brushed to the side where his forehead was showing slightly.

          Taehyung then walked in with the laptop as he gazed up at Jimin. Before Jimin was to publish his work, he had to run it through with the editor which was Taehyung. The younger stopped, placing one hand in his loose black joggers and gazing up at Jimin's attire while he just wore white socks and a white shirt over his bare chest. He adjusted his round glasses above his nose and tilted his head.

           "You're getting dolled up for him.." Taehyung pointed out as Jimin suddenly began to giggle in response.

            "I need to atleast look good to meet someone new." Jimin added folding his arms and letting out a cute smile that caused Taehyung to release a chuckle, gazing down at the floor like he still wanted to talk to Jimin about this.

           "What if... He doesn't show up and you end up wasting your whole free day on that boy?" Taehyung wondered making Jimin realize he could be right.

          "Well he eventually has to come down to check mail! And I never knew you worried about me~ stop it you're scaring me." Jimin giggled, watching Taehyung walk to his own bed silently.

           "You'll end up wasting your time.. I'm just saying... Why don't you come and sit with me so we can discuss the questions you'll e-mail to a celebrity?" Taehyung added, trying to have Jimin stay and save his valuable time.

           "I'll come up with them in the lobby! I'll write them down too." Jimin stated as Taehyung threw his head down. Not wanting to see Jimin upset afterwards. When things don't go Jimin's way, he grows fustrated at the time he loses and starts to get upset over it all. Taehyung was just trying to help avoid that issue with Jimin.

           "Fine then.. Go ahead." The younger added, trying to look after his best friend, but Jimin refused the help and longed to see the kind boy met the day before. "But don't come back to me all upset and complaining about what you should have done on your day off!" Taehyung warned the older as Jimin grabbed his recorder, notepad and a pen to atleast get some questions done for the day.

          "I won't! Stop acting like I get like that when I'm upset at the time I lose! I only feel bad but I can cope well with my emotions thank you very much!" Jimin replied watching Taehyung make a cute pucker while he closed his eyes, letting out a cute noise as Jimin started to giggle. "Ugly."

         "I love you too, Park Jimin." Taehyung teased making Jimin throw his tank top at the younger and walk out of the room to head out to the lobby for the whole day. Jimin walked out of the apartment, walking by the staircase leading to the third floor when he suddenly heard a short hum coming from up the staircase. It sounded just like the voice that sang to him at night.

       "You make me begin... Smile with me... Smile with me..."

          Sang the voice as Jimin blinked and gazed up at the stairs, he can hear his voice echo and it made Jimin curious to know. "It'll just take a minute..." Jimin thought while the voice kept singing. Jimin can hear him clearly as soon as he stepped onto the first step of the stairs. Almost as if he waited for him at the top.

         The voice was hollow, he kept a nice tune to his voice as he sang to Jimin, it was close to luring Jimin in... He just longed to know who this ghost or man was. Apparition or a man.. He just had to know! Jimin didn't have any plans on backing out of this. His curiosity dragged him up the first step.

           "You make me begin... Cry with me... Cry with me.. You make me begin~"

           Jimin took another step as he suddenly stopped, hearing that the song was cut off. All of the sudden, he saw a figure of a shadow stare down at him in silence from the top of the stairs as soon as Jimin turned his head beyond the wall, Jimin looked up... Yet he couldn't tell if it was a ghost. Just up ahead was nothing but a dark floor, it looked cold upstairs... Isolated and lonely. Jimin gazed at the figure as the dark and anonymous figure tilted it's head and turned away, starting to whistle the rest of the tune as he walked down the hall. Jimin can still hear the whistling and took another step when he suddenly felt someone tug him back the steps.

            "You shouldn't go up there!" Stated a man, with vibrant red hair. This man had a worried expression on his bright face, he had quite a masculine v shaped jaw, bright and straight teeth and his hair was parted down the middle. He wore a white and blue striped sleeved shirt under his big black jacket, loose grey sweatpants and black and white converse. His attire was loose as if he was dancing the whole day or even exercising. He held a work out bag by his side making Jimin believe he was atleast a dancing instructor or dancer himself.

            "W-Why..?" Jimin responded as the man backed down the stairs, pulling Jimin down with him so he wouldn't go up the steps. Just when the man interrupted, the voice was gone.

            "There are rumors about the third floor! Haven't you heard about them? It's haunted!"

             "I don't believe in ghosts. I'm a journalist and I rely on real things. Not fantasies." Jimin said, folding his arms as The worried older man looked at Jimin for a good while.

            "You're new here, aren't you? I guess I have to explain then. There are rumors about a scary ghost that lives up those stairs. He prefers isolation... Never comes down to speak or meet his neighbors below the floor. Some say he's an ancient demon that murdered the people on the third floor to keep it for himself! That one person that lives up there... We believe might be dead or possesed. Even the landlord is too afraid to check. This apparition is a voiceless man, he has a desirable figure to lure in any gender to kill them! There's items that go missing around the people that hear footsteps above their room. It's often said he targets those people be paces around the room above them. He has all access to the rooms above so we never know who he wants next! Yet... No one has ever dissapeared. Just the one person that lives upstairs and the items in some people's room." Said the man making Jimin place his hands on his own hip and tilt his head.

             "What is your name?" Jimin questioned as the man cleared his throat.

             "I am Jung Hoseok. I live on the first floor." Said Hoseok with a big smile, holding out his hand to shake with Jimin's. Jimin accepted the hand shake in return.

            "Great, my name is Park Jimin and I live on this floor. Let me tell you something... I don't believe he's a ghost... Maybe it's just a lonely man up there." Jimin claimed but Hoseok moved his hand away slowly.

           "Don't tell me you want to venture up there... I heard it's nothing but a scary apocalyptic universe up there! Red lighted rooms, a cold atmosphere and an eerie feeling to the ear if you go!" Hoseok worried for the man in front of him, but Jimin just let out a giggle.

           "Well of course I'm not going there today. But I will soon. I have someone to meet at the lobby today." Jimin stated making the man cup his own chest like he was grabbing his heart to calm himself down from the fear.

            "Ah, please stay away from that floor. I don't want to find you missing!" Hoseok added, worrying about his apartment neighbor. Even if they just met, Hoseok was the type that cared about each and every single resident in the complex. Sharing an angelic and bright personality with Jimin as well.

         After running into the bright and older man, Jimin walked down to the lobby, deciding not to travel up the stairs for the day as he arrived to the lobby and went to sit and wait for the boy there. Secretly thinking when he should at least head upstairs to look around the third floor.

         Even if he received a warning from a completly worried stranger, Jimin was still determined to have a good look around the third floor. It called to him and his curiousity only deepened now.