Chapter 31: Silent raindrops

Jimin listened to what the younger said and could only sit and blush from it all. "Stop flirting with me for once, Jungkook!" Jimin added with a smile as Jungkook stopped recording Jimin and placed the phone down on the table.

       "Of course I'll stop." Jungkook chuckled and helped Jimin up. "Don't you need the recipe to cook it?"

        "Oh I already know how to cook it. It is my favorite so I stick to the version my Mother would cook for me." Jimin mentioned, standing up after Jungkook helped him up. "Are you going to cook like that?" Jimin asked as he pointed out how Jungkook was only wearing his underwear and white T-shirt.

          Jungkook looked down at his sleep attire and looked at Jimin. "Is it too  distracting for you, Park Jimin?" Jungkook asked as Jimin smirked and turned away to take out the scallions from the bag.

             ".. It's not." Jimin mentioned, making Jungkook chuckle and keep his gaze on Jimin. "Let's get this done so we can eat soon!" Jimin mentioned as he looked up ahead at the lonely window to the side. The clouds were grey and he could tell it was going to rain soon. Which meant that the weather would get even more colder than before. Just thinking of the cold made Jimin think about the First Snowfall festival and how much he longed to ask Jungkook out for it. Just to give the boy some freedom from his apartment room and go out to experience the first snowfall of the season.

               Jungkook then looked out of the window where Jimin was staring out from and looked back at Jimin. "I guess there   will be a storm soon. Let's just hope the power doesn't go off." Jungkook mentioned as he walked behind Jimin to see the man washing the scallions and turning around to go back to the fridge so he can take out more ingredients for the meal.

           "Stop staring at me like that and come help cut these up!" Jimin bickered. He could practically feel Jungkook's stares as he stood there, gawking at everything Jimin did. Jimin loved the attention and wanted Jungkook to keep staring at him but knew that would be very odd for the boy to do.

              Jungkook assisted Jimin on cooking, gazing at Jimin time to time to watch over on what Jimin was doing. But just the stares he gave off made Jimin blush again. By now, the only colors that flashed on his cheek was just red by now. Jimin started to prepare Kimchi as he used rubber, clear gloves so he can prepare it as Jungkook was dicing the vegetables for the stew. Jimin kept paying attention to every move Jungkook made when silence filled the room.

          "Hey... Jungkook.." Jimin called out as Jungkook instantly faced Jimin, raising his eyebrows to hear what he had to say.

          "What?"

           "Have you ever thought of leaving this apartment ever? You know.. To go out with someone... As a date?"

          "A date.." Jungkook repeated and thought about it. "Nope!"

          "Ah, at least imagined it for once?" Jimin wondered but Jungkook shook his head again.

          "It's been so long for me that I don't  feel like going out. That joy has already left me." Jungkook mentioned as Jimin stopped mixing the Kimchi paste to gaze at Jungkook for a moment.

          "What if...you needed to get groceries? New clothes? Take out?" Jimin wondered repeatedly as Jungkook faced Jimin with a chuckle. "What about cashing in checks?"

         "All done online. But the checks.. I have to go out on my own to do it. But I get up extremely early for that. Just to avoid everyone." Jungkook answered, facing back to the vegetables on the cutting board.

         "What if... Someone wants to go out with you? You know... Like a date?" Jimin asked nervously as Jungkook scoffed with a laugh.

          "Impossible. I don't know what I want so what makes you do sure of that?" Jungkook asked. Hinting at how he would be much of a lonely guy and wouldn't mind.

           "But you'll be lonely for all your life!"