Chapter 46: Neglected

Taehyung watched the two pull away from the hug as Hoseok stepped back into his apartment and watched Yoongi walk off, leaving Taehyung to slowly clench his chest where his heart was. The boy fixed his glasses and sighed, feeling like his heart was breaking down inside and no one was there to aid it. For once he just wished this was only his confusion that will come to his aid and say things like "They're only working on their project!  Hoseok would never fall back in love with Yoongi! Never!" Taehyung thought. But the more he thought of how they hugged like it was nothing made Taehyung slowly start to tear up as the lens of his glasses grew foggy from his tears.

             "I... I can't be here." Taehyung whispered. Knowing he couldn't take it in as he dashed away from the hall to the stairs to go back to his apartment room. The younger ran up the stairs, taking off his glasses and thinking of many things of how they must be falling in love now. He took off his glasses and wiped his tears as he stepped into the apartment to close the door and walk to the bedroom. Hoping now to see Jimin there for him.

            Jimin was of course listening to Jungkook sing on the recorder while he worked on a few magazine pages to give reviews on fashion trends of the season. Once Taehyung barged in with tears streaming grown his face, Taehyung threw himself on his own bed. Crying into his Tata plush and making Jimin switch off the recorder to listen. "T-Taehyung?"

           "I hate it here...." Taehyung mumbled on the pillow, grabbing Jimin's attention this way. "I wish we never came here! I wish we never checked into this stupid apartment and most important of them all... I wish I never gave you that vase to take into our apartment!" Taehyung shouted as Jimin kept his gaze at the younger.

           "Taehyung... You don't mean that... Tell me what's wro-"

           "Everything is wrong! I mean each and every single thing....I wish for our time here on our trip would come to an end! I am this close to forfeiting our time here to at least go to Daegu. There's no heart breaks there." Taehyung whispered.

          "You know we won't go back. The boss won't let us."

          "Until we do our job and finish up more than a few more entries here. Snap more photos for the future 'Tourist attraction in Busan' blog and then we can finally leave this place!" Taehyung sighed, looking at his Tata plush.             "Leave...?"

            "Jimin why do you forget so much things? You did realize as soon as we are done with our work here... We get sent off to another random country! Think of the companies we work for with our blogs!"

            "I can't seem to remember that... When I want to stay here." Jimin sighed. "Taehyung what can I do to make you like it here?"

            "Nothing..." Taehyung responded. "I'm just going to help you work until we get this all done to leave. "We have to go  either way. You did realize that right? We never stay in one place forever."

           "I-I know that..."

           "Jimin I just don't like it here as much as you do... Please.. I hate it here and I want to go off to another location. If we're lucky, we could still go to Seoul!" Taehyung mentioned when suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Making Taehyung grow silent.

        "Who's at the door?' Jimin asked looking at the bedroom door. Only longing to go see but if he attempted, he would feel much more pain by just trying!  "Taehyung... Are you going to check on it?"

           "Y-You go... I already see it's Hoseok coming to ask me if I'm going to practice with him and I don't want to! Not when Yoongi would be the one hugging him and not me.."

         "Who's Yoongi...?" Jimin asked making Taehyung growl. Just then the knocks carried a repeatedly melodic tone that caused Taehyung to quickly stand up and look at Jimin.          "Come on Jimin, you're going to help me!" Taehyung added, quickly grabbing Jimin and pulling him into his arms as the younger carried Jimin to the front door of the apartment and set him down in front of it to answer it.

         "A-Ah what do I say?" Jimin whispered as Taehyung cupped his mouth and leaned in to whisper into Jimin's ear.

        "Tell him... I went off to get us both coffee and something to eat. Then tell him we have so much work!" Taehyung added as Jimin nodded. Waiting for the younger to run off and hide so Jimin could answer the door. Jimin then let out a sigh and opened the door to see Hoseok standing there, looking up quickly from his phone to smile.

          "Hey, Jimin! Is Taehyung here? I want him to come with me to practice." Hoseok mentioned while Jimin cleared his throat.

           "Um... Taehyung isn't here."

            "Where is he..?"

            "Dead.. oH I DIDN'T MEAN THAT!" Jimin giggled and looked up at Hoseok. Already feeling Taehyung face palming just behind the couches by hearing Jimin's response. "He's off getting coffee and breakfast so we could work. It's a lot of work to be done." Jimin told the happy older boy, watching Hoseok's smile fade into nervous and worry.

            "Guess... I'll be alone for dance practice..." Hoseok sighed under his breath and held up his phone. "I'll text him about it. Thank you, Jimin.." Hoseok added and walked off to head to practice alone. Taehyung didn't want to go after witnessing Hoseok hugging his ex and giving his smile to someone who tore it down. Yes Taehyung understood they were partners for a project but he didn't like how Yoongi called Hoseok last night, drifting Hoseok's attention away from Taehyung to focus on Yoongi more importantly. Like Taehyung was nothing but a little kid that always clinged onto Hoseok no matter what.

            "I'll let him know you were here!" Jimin shouted in the hall, watching Hoseok walk away silently and slowly as he sent in a text for Taehyung. Just when Jimin shut the door, Taehyung received a message from Jung Hoseok asking him to show up soon and don't be late.

           Just as soon as Taehyung read the text, he stayed silent and didn't respond to it. Ignoring Hoseok until he felt like responding. But either way, this was hurting Taehyung as much as it already was. He knew the way Hoseok secretly looked at Yoongi. Letting him back in his life and wanting more of the relationship they had before... But of course, he wasn't going to sit there and wait for his heart to shatter. Taehyung caught these clues and decided maybe it was time to separate himself before he gets heartbroken as much as he already is.

             At the moment, Jungkook was on his bed facing the window and hearing the waves crash into the shores below while he held onto a small rose petal, stroking it's red and soft petal with his thumb gently.  "Silent again even if it's not raining.... Is it because of Jimin? I... Understand. You don't like him..." Jungkook said and kept rubbing his thumb around the rose petal like a joystick on a game controller. "But I do... Even if he gets me upset how he tells that roommate of his... Ah, I can't be jealous... You told me never to get jealous over something I never had. But I just can't help it."

              Jungkook looked out to the sea again and sighed. "What if I told you... I want to leave this apartment room? Would you hate me for neglecting you too? I-I... Wouldn't blame you. But the waves are quite calm today which means... Are you calm now? After all I've done with Jimin, are you calm I'm giving you my full attention? Hm?" Jungkook asked looking down the at the rocky shores just below. The younger then looked up to see the beautiful docks as he held out his rose petal to see the wind take off with it and drift it to the sea. "But you know how nervous I get... I can't do what Jimin expects like running out and going to see the stars or watch movies on a big screen." Jungkook thought and looked down at the docks once more.

         "I would always get jealous of those people who could go down and see the beautiful ocean..... I've seen mostly pairs of two go to see the beautiful waves and the Sea... And I thought maybe I should go with Jimin for once. Instead of going to the festival, I could take him to the docks instead? Away from others... Just to tell him right when the first snow falls from the sky." Jungkook whispered to himself while he thought of his feelings on Jimin. He knew by the time the first snowfall festival would come, he'll be ready. Even if Jimin did break his promise and went off telling Taehyung about the whole relationship between the two but still leaving out the friends with benefits, Jungkook wasn't as angry as he thought he would be... He was calm and just hearing out what Jimin felt deep down was enough to make Jungkook feel confident in finally leaving his apartment for once in a long time.