Chapter 30: Hidden letters

Jimin was a bit whipped for a second there and all he could think of was how they shared a breath for a moment there... But it was all ruined since Jungkook wanted to tease and just grab the mail he was waiting for all along. Jimin then turned his head and walked up to Jungkook who was staring at the mixed up check for work.

               "Oh, Jungkookie! That's not yours that's someone else's they must have mixed up your name with someone else's check." Jimin added as Jungkook looked at Jimin and then at the check.

             "I.. guess they did." Jungkook mentioned as he placed the mail on the counter of his kitchen, not thinking of even contacting one of the employees at the company to set things straight. But he just placed it there carelessly as if he   wasn't even caring about his check under his own name. Jimin thought this was a bit off and just walked over to the mail on the counter and held it up.

           "Aren't you going to... Call the company for your check? You need to get paid eventually."

       "Oh Jimin, it's alright. I can do that later." Jungkook added as Jimin looked at the mail, feeling as if this was a bit off that Jungkook was first excited to get his check and now he wasn't and just placed the mail down on the counter as if he was going to take it anyways.

        "You aren't going to take it, are you? It's under someone else's name. I don't think you can if you tried." Jimin added as Jungkook turned to Jimin and scoffed.

        "Oh of course not! I won't." Jungkook added, finally opening one of the folded letters under his name. Jimin then grew curious on what those letters could be. Perhaps letters from his family?  But that couldn't be it... Jimin realized the letter only had Jungkook's name over it and not any address from who it was sent from. Jimin only walked up to Jungkook, setting the mail down to see what Jungkook was reading.

           "What are you reading there, Jungkook?" Jimin wondered as Jungkook folded the paper as soon as Jimin stepped close.

            "My brother sent it to me." Jungkook said as Jimin tilted his head.

           "There's no address on it." Jimin pointed out as Jungkook sat down on the couch and Jimin only leaned over from the couch to see what he was reading, but this only made Jungkook quickly move aside. "I want to see!" Jimin giggled.

           "Just leave it, it's nothing really. Family things." Jungkook assured but Jungkook only stood up and placed the letters into a cabinet in a coffee table. This only rose questions within Jimin's head, he wanted to know what was so secretive about Jungkook's life and if this meant reading the letters behind the younger's back, he would.  

          Jungkook was already shady and secretive enough that made Jimin believe if Jungkook was to ever tell Jimin what was wrong with him, it would be in a dream that would be cut out short before the answer was revealed. Jimin kept his stare at the coffee table cabinet that held the shady letters. Jimin just longed to find out what was written in them that caused Jungkook to fold the letter so quickly as soon as Jimin stepped by. Surely it wasn't much of a big deal, but to Jimin, he felt if he can read it, he'll understand Jungkook more instead of thinking the boy as this copy of Jimin himself that loved almost everything Jimin liked. Jimin too thought this was a bit weird that the only thing that made Jungkook different was his passion for gaming.

             Jungkook walked up to Jimin and pointed the older man's face to his with a smile. "Are we going to watch movies today? I have lots planned for the both of us.." Jungkook mentioned. This alone made Jimin wonder what Jungkook had planned. Surely, the boy was perfect, gentle and a little too curious when it came to touching Jimin before, but Jimin only longed to know more of Jungkook's mysterious persona he kept silent about.