Chapter 18: More than a friend

Jimin held Jungkook's hand through the dark hallway. Jimin just wanted to feel something he hasn't felt in a long time. He too had those moments when he longed for someone else's touch or just a small and simple hand hold. Jungkook walked down the hall not minding Jimin's hand that was locked with his. However.. The boy didn't lock his own hand since he knew Jimin was just scared and didn't mean anything like that. Jungkook was only there to escort him to the stairs Jimin came from.

             The halls we're dark now. The dimmed lights were cut off and the only source of light was Jungkook's room behind them and the moonlight emerging from the small openings of the decaying wood that blocked the windows. Jimin then turned to gaze at Jungkook's dark figure and only see his body moving through the dark while he still allowed Jimin to hold his hand. "Jungkook? Why do you make it look so creepy up here?" Jimin whispered so no one could hear them. "It looks so dead up here.."

          "I do it because I don't want no one to bother me. I absolutely hate that.. But you? It's an exception. I just felt bad the other day." Jungkook answered making Jimin giggle before Jungkook covered Jimin's soft lip to silence him. Jimin remained quiet after... But, Jungkook only yanked his hand away from Jimin's soft skin. He felt Jimin's big plump lips and soft pale skin on his smooth and charming face Jungkook could barely see, but only see the shape of in the dark. "I-I'm sorry.." Jungkook apologized quickly as Jimin smiled and looked down at the ground. Slowly panning his attention to the hand he had locked with the boy.

         "That's fine. I needed to be silent. I deserved that." Jimin whispered as he can see the end of the hall approaching up ahead. Just then he began to feel the younger's hand tighten.

           "You know... I can't go too far with you. This floor is as far as I can go. You can make your way down the steps without me... Okay?" Jungkook assured as Jimin smiled, yet Jungkook couldn't see the warm smile that was given to him through the cold hallway. "And.. Before you go and leave. Can you do me a favor?" Jungkook wondered as Jimin shook the hand and started to swing it back and forth gently as if they were a couple on their date, walking together down the docks and to the sea.

          "Mhm?" Jimin hummed softly, feeling fearless of the dark hall since Jungkook was there with him.

          "If it isn't much trouble... Can you get my mail before you get here tomorrow?"

          "Oh of course! I'll just need your keys." Jimin added as Jungkook took a moment to think ad they finally reached the end of the halls.

          "I'll drop it onto your balcony in the morning in a box. How's that?" Jungkook proposed as Jimin thought it was a smart idea, but, it would have better if Jungkook could have done this on his own like he would before. Yet Jimin understood the fear he would have with others.

           "Oh of course! Anything is great. Don't worry." Jimin stated as he looked down at their hands as soon as they stopped in front of the staircase. The flashing Exit sign was blinking it's red light and all Jimin could see was Jungkook gazing down at their hand contact too. Jimin eyed Jungkook too as they both locked gaze at each other before Jungkook softly released Jimin's soft and small hand to nervously scratch his neck.

          "So... Um.. I'll see you tomorrow?" Jungkook wondered as Jimin smiled and nodded his head with such a great and big smile afterwards that was only seen when the exit sign flashed it's red blinking light.

        "Yes. Good night! Sleep well." Jimin added with his sweet and soft voice. Jimin walked down the steps to only look back to see Jungkook standing up at the top of the steps like how he was before. The time Jimin didn't know who the boy was all along. Jimin managed to get back to his apartment as he tried to open the door, but it was left locked.