Chapter 13: In his beautiful eyes

Jimin pressed down on Jungkook's wound to clean up most of the dry blood now and the younger kept flinching and shutting his eyes closed now from the burning pain he had to endure. "Hold still... " Jimin whispered watching Jungkook bite his bottom lip softly to hold back from moving around too much.

           "Ck- ah...  It's burning now!" Jungkook pointed out as Jimin gazed at the many cuts in the younger's hands and let out a sigh. "You're putting too much!"

            "It's nothing to fuss about. You don't want this to get infected, right?" Jimin asked. Feeling as if he had a smile on his face. Jimin felt happy to know he can be there to heal Jungkook's hand. The two didn't really know much about each other, yet that alone was what made him excited about this friendship that had yet to grow. Jimin then looked up at Jungkook and took a moment to gaze at him again before wiping off the red dry blood from the wounds. "Even if it hurts, you have to do it anyways. You don't want your hand to get cut off fron the infection... Do you?"

         "No." Jungkook responded with a chuckle, looking at Jimin's hand wrap around a bandage around his own hand gently. "This wasn't a good first impression, wasn't it?"

          "Not the best. But atleast it's a start." Jimin then giggled and held Jungkook's hand with his, holding down the bandage and sealing it with a random pin Jungkook used on his old bandage. "The other." Jimin instructed, placing down Jungkook's hand gently on the bed as Jungkook handed Jimin his other wounded hand that had yet to be healed by the older man. Jimin unwrapped the other hand from the bandages and started to clean up the dry blood from the cuts. "What we're you thinking? Picking up the glasses with your hands. Of course you'll come out with cuts all over your palms. How do you get around your day without feeling at least a sting from it?" Jimin giggled as Jungkook gazed at Jimin's full lips curve into a smile. Which triggered a smile on the younger's face too. 

            "I hold things with extra caution." Jungkook responded to the older man, quickly looking away as soon as Jimin realized that Jungkook was staring at his smile.

            "Why don't you get someone to come and help you with that? It could hurt your hands if you keep trying to 'handle things with caution' do you have any friends in the building? Maybe they can help you." Jimin added, without realizing that this young boy was lonely since he lived up at the third floor on his own.

            "Nope. No friends here. I prefer to be alone." Jungkook mentioned as Jimin gazed up while gently dabbing the moist alcohol towelette over a huge and red crimson cut along the boy's palm.

           "No you don't.. People say that when they are hurting or just want to sound cool." Jimin then giggled. "I'm only joking. But, I don't believe that, Jeon Jungkook."

            "No?"

           "Not at all. You aren't kicking me out of your room. In fact, I woke up here. There must be a reason why you wanted me to be here. Especially for someone who wants to be alone." Jimin added as he started to wrap up Jungkook's hand around the fresh new bandage.

             "I just... Wanted to find a way to say sorry for embarrassing you the other time. Infront of everyone and all the stares you were getting all because of me. I started to pick up the glass out of fear and end up passing it to you like some idiot.  Ah, it's my fault... I'm sorry." Jungook kept apologizing for embarrassing Jimin the other day and couldn't bare to sit there and not apologize for everything.

           "Stop saying sorry, we both ran into each other and no one is to blame for that. I guess it was just fate to blame." Jimin then chuckled. "But meeting you wasn't a bad thing. I came up here in hopes of meeting the man who would sing to me at night.. Is it you?  You who serenades me to rest with your calm and gentle voice?" Jimin wondered softly pinning the bandage closed and glancing back at Jungkook. 

            "W-what if it is me..?"

             "Well.. I would love to say that you have a lovely voice and thank you for taking time off yours just to sing for me. I guess It grew on me." Jimin added, letting go of Jungkook's hand as the younger kept his distance from Jimin, walking over to sit by the table again while staring down at his hands that were gently wrapped around with the bandages. Just this feeling to the lonely man made him feel like he was appreciated by his only fan who would hear his melodies at night.

            "You actually enjoy listening to that mess? My voice is annoying I'm surprised you haven't moved away already!" Jungkook chuckled but Jimin sat up straight and shook his head again. 

             "I mean it, Jungkook!  You have such a lovely voice... I can't help but to imagine it everytime. You have a gift, Jungkook!" Jimin continued, unknowingly making the lonely boy shy. "You could be famous for this!"

          "I'll pass on that... Not because I hate singing... It's just at times it doesn't feel like it sounds good to me. But you say I sing well so it must be true. However, I'm too shy to sing in front of others face to face. I'd rather be here... Singing to you through the vents. Be your own performer while you are my own audience." Jungkook stated making Jimin look at the boy with such a cute smile. Blushing so instantly.

            "Jungkook, you don't seem lonely...  Just misunderstood.  Why don't we become friends? Would you like that? We can do so much together! I can help you with your issue on meeting people.. Or what ever you like! So? Would you like to be my friend?" Jimin asked with a gleam in his eyes as if he was just a small child meeting another kid for the first time and excitingly longing to become friends.

              "Friends..? Ah.. No sorry. I don't want to get your boyfriend or your sex slave...what ever you call him, mad at me. I'd hate to come between the two of you." Jungkook mentioned as Jimin started to laugh uncontrollably and lay down on the bed to roll around in his giggles. Jungkook quickly raised his head to smile. Not understanding what was so funny. "Jimin?"

              "Ah! Jungkook, No! Kim Taehyung is my best friend and my roommate.  Not my boyfriend. I doubt he sees me that way... I think.. and I most definitely don't see him that way!" Jimin said out of giggles that caused Jungkook to scoff into a smile. Jungkook then got up to walk over to the windows that were blinded by the curtains to draw them apart while he listened to Jimin. "I'm single at the moment.. What about you, Jungkook? Are you into anyone?"

               "Mm.. No.. I don't want anyone. I love being alone than going out with others. I don't even know my own sexuality, so I won't go out with anyone. Only because I'm fine on my own. In here, there is endless possibilities, it's calm here and I love my home and well.. I have a whole floor to myself." Jungkook added, placing his hand over window and gazing out to the beautiful sea up ahead. If he was really silent...he can hear the waves clash onto the shore below from how close he was to it.

           Jimin realized Jungkook was very lonely... However, the boy didn't seem like the type that would be all alone. It was like he had no other choice but to force himself into isolation. Yet, for what? Jimin was concerned.

           The older boy longed to know what was wrong with him and thought maybe this could be the start of their new friendship and another secret Jimin had yet to figure out. Of course, Jimin could ask what was wrong.. But to the boy that gazed out into the wide and free flowing sea... It seemed as if he was his own friend and kept himself happy on his own. Not wanting anyone else in his life... But when it came to Jimin staying in his room, Jungkook only allowed the older man in to talk for a bit. Unaware that he was enjoying just as much as Jimin was.