Chapter 72: The thing I've become

Taehyung slowly looked at Jungkook, pretty sure it was nothing by the door as Jungkook was gently caressing Jimin's face that had a faded red tint on his cheek now. Jungkook continued to caress Jimin softly, not caring if Taehyung was watching him from the other bed.

       "Who knows how to love you like me...there must be a good reason that you're gone. Every now and then I think you might want me to come show up at your door... But I'm just too afraid that I'll be wrong~" Jungkook whispered a song silently to Jimin and kept caressing his soft and chubby cheek.

          Taehyung watched Jungkook in silence. He could tell the younger felt horrible about slapping Jimin earlier so he came back to sing to Jimin silently while he gently caressed the place where he hit the older. "Jungkook...?" Taehyung asked in a whisper as Jungkook was silently singing to Jimin when he suddenly stopped and locked eyes with the boy on the other bed. Glaring at him in jealousy.

         "...what..?" Jungkook whispered as he stood straight and gazed at Taehyung for a moment. "Shouldn't you be sleeping..?"

          "Shouldn't you apologize instead of breaking in and singing to Jimin in his sleep while you caress his face?" Taehyung said in return as Jungkook cocked his head aside.

          "Mind your own business... I'm pretty sure you have no room to think about what Jimin and I have together since you already have your own little show going on." Jungkook fired and made Taehyung tilt a brow up.

           "Jimin is so confused... This is something he told me and warned me not to interfere... But how could you hurt him and come back to break in his apartment just to caress his face and softly sing him a song?" Taehyung wondered. Trying not to get the younger upset.

          "Mind your own buisness for once... You don't see me saying, 'Why don't you tell Yoongi to stay away from your Hoseok if you really want him?' But of course... I'm always the one to blame.." Jungkook sighed and looked at Jimin again.

           "I don't care if you want to talk about it... I just want to know what were you thinking when you slapped him? You made him very scared and confused." Taehyung asked as Jungkook watched Jimin sleep silently.

            "I was scared of watching him leave me... Just thinking he would leave was something I couldn't process. So I want him to stay." Jungkook added and looked up at Taehyung as he started to glare at the other. "How would you feel... If you were given the most precious diamond ever. Unique in any way and precious to everyone's eyes. But knowing that it's yours and fate had brought it to you... You'd keep it... Right? I want to keep that diamond... And the only diamond in my life is Jimin." Jungkook said and let out a sigh. "Imagine losing such a thing.. What would you do? Who would fill that endless void of silence and regret..?"

            "I.. understand.." Taehyung said. He understood what Jimin mentioned before about how clingy the boy was but he never knew this was how much he adored Park Jimin.

           "I.. love my Jimin. I couldn't go to sleep without knowing I can sing to him and caress his face like before." Jungkook said and kissed Jimin's forehead again while the sun began to slowly rise. Jungkook then caressed Jimin's face again and walked out of the bedroom. Leaving Jimin for the morning.

               Hours later, Jimin woke up to get to work for the blog like before. Writing about the first snowfall and providing pictures too so he could describe the beautiful events at the festival. Jimin transfered his pictures onto the laptop, not even bothering to get breakfast while he worked on his blog. Jimin seemed blank in the morning, sleepy, effortless and silent. He missed Jungkook and only hoped to talk to him after he publishes his blog.