Chapter 14: What a lonely boy

Jungkook kept his gaze out to the sea, the big and wide sea that he admired gazing at. "Do you love the sea?" Jungkook asked as Jimin stood up to walk over and join Jungkook by the window.  "Don't you love how the sea looks? It's as clear and bright as diamonds.. The roaring call of the waves hitting up against the shore from afar. If we can both be silent for a good while... We'll be able to hear the sounds of the ocean." Jungkook whispered and opened the windows of his bedroom to gaze out with a smile. 

             Jimin looked at Jungkook with a smile, glad he can share such a great moment with the boy. "Jungkoo-"

           "Shh... Give it a moment." Jungkook whispered as Jimin turned to face the window in silence. Hearing the waves crash against the shores from below them. "Do you hear that..? It's calm... I would love to go out there and probably go to the sea... But I can't.. I'm too nervous and having everyone's eyes fix on me makes me anxious." Jungkook worried. "I never leave this place.."

         "Never..? Jungkook.. That's okay!  Maybe.. I can help you get use to this. Don't worry! It'll be fun! And since we are friends, we can watch shows together! Read books toge-"

          "Oh books.." Jungkook answered blankly as the two shared silence. Only then, Jungkook made a snort sound causing Jimin to laugh and shove Jungkook playfully.

          "As I was saying! We can read books together... Gaze out to the sea and maybe one day, we can head out and look at the sea together!" Jimin said with another giggle, making Jungkook smile nervously.

         "Y-You don't mean it as.. A date right?" Jungkook wondered and suddenly let out an exhale of relief as Jimin shook his head. 

          "Of course not a date! We just met. And you said you are unsure of your sexuality so I won't be rushing in on you about this whole dating thing!" Jimin assured as Jungkook took a moment to think on this.

           "Wait... You're gay?" Jungkook wondered as Jimin nodded. "How are you so sure you want a man?" Jungkook asked out of curiosity. 

          "Just like feelings you get for a girl." Jimin stated as Jungkook then tilted his head and looked at Jimin once more.

         "How does that feel?" Jungkook asked making Jimin feel a bit confused that Jungkook hasn't ever ventured to this side of his feelings. He must have been asexual for a very long time. It's not that he did this on purpose, Jungkook just didn't feel a thing towards others when it comes to love. Even when it comes to friends, he knew he wouldn't be able to go out with them everywhere so he decided not to have any and lived his life alone.  Sitting in the third floor of his apartment. Gazing out to the beautiful, blue sea.

           "Well.. You'll know it when you feel it." Jimin giggled.

            "First kiss.. Have you ever had any of those?" Jungkook wondered making Jimin chuckle.

             "No... Ah, this is embarrassing. Normally others would get their first kiss at a young teen age or even go further than a little kiss.. But I have never felt a thing like that. I've dated a few people but... Never kissed them. Only because I was questioning my sexuality in the back of my head. It took a while but I finally did came out with it.. About a few months ago." Jimin added watching Jungkook have his eyes glued to the window, holding it open and hearing the seagulls caw and fly by.

             "They'll leave for the winter... But, It still has yet to come." Jungkook whispered to himself, letting out a smile and turning back at Jimin. "It's okay if you never had your first kiss.. I didn't either or ever had my first time. I guess we are both the same?" Jungkook wondered as Jimin nodded. "What's so bad and embarrassing about that?"

             "Well.. It just shows that you are loved... Or maybe it shows you're mature now. I don't really know.. But I've heard those two things feel great but with someone you love.  That's what makes it even better."

            "I see... Well what do you love to do?" Jungkook changed the conversation. Jimin also realized that Jungkook was feeling weird and off about having this type of topic about love. The type of love with relationships, kissing, hugging, dates and making love. Which Jungkook had no idea of. Jimin understood the boy's reasoning, however, he secretly wanted to keep talking just to take things off his chest about this topic alone. There was still so much to say on what he had in mind.

            "Oh! Well. I love to read books, Hang out with my best friend, come up with entries, and sleeping is good too! However... It takes too much of my time. So I'd rather stay up instead." Jimin claimed placing his elbows on the base of the window and gazing out to the sea with the younger.

              "Entries? No sleeping? What are you, a robot?  Or some crazy teacher's pet?" Jungkook joked. Making Jimin giggle again. "What are the entries about?"

              "Well... I'm a journalist. I write blogs, parts in magazines, I travel to different places abroad. So I'm barely staying at one place for a long time that's until I get things do-fUCK!" Jimin shouted out of nowhere causing Jungkook to quickly glance at Jimin.

             "What's wrong?" Jungkook started to worry, yet Jimin didn't long to say or else he will just end up leaving the younger. Remembering he had work to get to. However, Jimin didn't want to leave Jungkook. It only seemed as if Jimin didn't want to go back to his responsibilities and longed to stay with Jungkook a bit longer.

             "No... It's fine.. I just need to work today but I can spare some time." Jimin added. He didn't see it but the lonely boy was silent and allowed a smile to speak for himself. "So this gives us more time to talk more! Get to know each other and bond. Jungkook, why don't you tell me about yourself? What's your occupation?"

             "Oh it feels like I'm getting an interview! So flattering. Anyways, my job is I work as a beta game tester. They send me the games before the release and I test them out and review it. Just like an editor to you Journalists. But it's more fun for me." Jungkook chuckled. Watching Jimin pay attention to his words. He was surprised Jimin never cut him off to take over and talk about himself. Not even once!

           This alone made the boy smile. Appreciating the fact that this man in front of him listened when no one else would. The feeling was heart warming. Jimin was willing to give up his time he has on work just to hear the lone wolf out and make his day. It didn't seem to be so much.. Just an act of kindness but being someone who has been alone for most of his life, made Jungkook look down and grow excited about the conversation with Jimin from now on.

            "Jungkook..?" Jimin asked noticing the boy kept smiling excitingly. "Does this mean we are friends now?  You didn't answer my question before."

             Jungkook looked away from the window where the sea called to him by it's beautiful waves and glanced back at the older man. "Of course we are. We are friends now!"