Chapter 5

<<A/N: 'Rejects' on the side>>

*Liams POV*

The boys and i are in the living room watching tv when my phone starts ringing, i pulled the phone out looking at the caller I.D seeing it was Michael.
"Hello?" I hear him sigh in... relief? "Umm, liam we have a problem." I furrowed my eyes brows in confusion before asking. "What happened?" "Look, Isaac just started teasing luke when we got there a-and i mean we warned him but then he called him weak so luke lunged at him, we got to pull him off and drag him out of the school but..." He trailed out, i was staring at the wall with no emotion "but what?" I asked, i heard him sigh.

"Lukes gone." After he said that my eyes went wide and i shot out of my seat "What do you mean hes gone?!" I exclaimed getting the boys attention "I dont know he just ran off toward the house but i know he didnt go there because we wouldnt be talking on the phone right now." He said matter-o-factly. "We need to find him." I stated "Yeah, no shit like i didnt think of that already." He said sarcastically "No time for your sarcasm Michael." I said sternly "Alright, but the rest of us are outside just come out and we can look around."

"Alright, let me get the boys." I sighed "Alright, bye." "Bye" I hung up turning to the boys who were all looking at me already "Who was that?" Zayn asked "Michael, Luke beat Isaac up again but hes gone like he ran off so we need to go outside and try to help them find him." they all nodded standing up, we all walked out the front door seeing the other 3 boys and emily. "Where do you think he would have went?" Niall asked, they all looked at each other and shrugged "We dont know." they said in unison, I sighed angrily "Where are you luke." I muttered to myself looking around.

*Lukes POV*

I started thinking then got an idea, i smiled to myself before reaching between the rocks pulling out my song book.
I opened it to a new page thinking of a song title, then i wrote at the top 'REJECTS' then after that it all came naturally.

i felt pretty satisfied closing the book, i decided that i would take it home and try it out in the studio and thats when i heard... them. "LUKE!" Then i heard footsteps coming this way oh great. "Luke what the h- woah." Mikey stopped mid-sentence looking around. "I was just heading back, now none of you come back here without me or i swear to god." I warned, they all nodded so i shoved my way through them heading back to the house.

We were all in the house now and liam kept trying to talk to me but i wasnt listening and started heading into the recording studio, im sure they all look confused but they follow none the less. "What are you doing?" Calum asked, i looked up at him "I wrote a new song but i need you guys to sing with me." They nodded and i showed them where they would be singing then we started.

Back at school,
They all thought I was an outcast car crash
Hopeless fool, they said to me
And my girlfriend said Im messed up
Will I ever grow up
In the end, I'm not gonna
I looked over at emily and she was looking down fiddling with her fingers, i shook my head carried on.

What was I thinking
Everyone sees it
It's not a secret that I'm just a reject
Sick of the system, don't wanna hear it
It's not a secret that I'm just a reject
I'm just a reject

My teacher said I was mentally disabled,
So unstable
So I'll stay in bed, all day
Save your breath,
You can talk at me but I'm not listening
If this is a test,
Then I'm probably failing

What was I thinking
Everyone sees it
It's not a secret that I'm just a reject
Sick of the system, don't wanna hear it
It's not a secret that I'm just a reject

They try to save me but I'm too far gone
And they call me crazy so I played along
And you want to change me but I'm on my own

Da da da da da da da da

What was I thinking
Everyone sees it
It's not a secret that I'm just a reject
Sick of the system, don't wanna hear it
It's not a secret that I'm just a reject
I'm just a reject
I'm just a reject

When i was done i looked up seeing everyone looking at me with their mouths opened wide, i just shook my head putting the guitar down and grabbing my book before standing up heading to the door but someone grabbed my arm stopping me. I turned around seeing emily with a guilty face on. "Im sorry.." She whispered, i scoffed yanking my arm away shaking my head walking out the door. She does this whenever she does something wrong, she puts that stupid pout on her face saying 'im sorry' thinking it makes everything better well she needs to learn that it doesnt.

I got to our room flopping down on the bed letting out a sigh 'Why is my life so messed up.' I thought to myself before drifting off to sleep.

*Emilys POV*

I cant believe he wrote that, i cant believe i said that to him earlier i didnt mean to i was just so mad at everyone it just slipped out.
After luke walked out of the room i put my head down "Em..." I heard Cal whisper, i looked up seeing all of them looking at me "Go talk to him." He said, i sighed nodding turning around walking out of the room and to mine and lukes.
When i opened the door i opened my mouth to speak but closed it when i see he was sleeping, i smiled to myself before grabbing some of lukes boxers and his over sized batman shirt that i always wear. After i got changed i slowly pulled the blanket back and slipping in before cuddling against him.

*Lukes POV*

When i woke up i felt something on my chest, i opened my eyes seeing emily laying there wearing my batman shirt and boxers. I rolled my eyes, getting out of bed "God its hot." I said to myself pulling the sweatshirt off,but i still have a t-shirt on. I walked to the door stepping out and started walking down stairs but stopped as i heard voices talking. "Do you have a Luke Hemmings living here?" its the cops "Um.. yeah why?" That sounds like liam "Well, yesterday he got into a fight at school and nearly kicked the boy to death, he has 3 broken ribs and a peirced lung." The cop said "Oh god, is he alright?" Liam asked worriedly "Not sure, hes in a coma right now and they're not sure if hes going to wake up anytime soon so Luke is going to have to come with me to the station..." My eyes were wide and my breathing was ragged, i cant go back not again i turned around running up the stairs back into my room, I ran to the side of the bed shaking emily awake which took a while but she finally sat up "What?" She asked annoyed, my vision was getting blurry telling me i had tears in my eyes and when emily noticed her eyes widened "Whats wrong luke? What happened?" She asked, i took a deep, shaky breathe before saying "The cops are here." Her eyes widened "No, no, not again." She whispered i just pulled her into a tight hug "I wont be gone forever babe okay?" i said kissing her forehead, she let out a sob. "What about the boys?" She asked quietly, i let out a breathe "Im going to go say goodbye to them." I mumbled giving her a long passionate kiss before walking to the door. "I love you." She said quickly i smiled turning around "I love you too."

When i got to the boys rooms i woke them all up bringing them together. "I have very bad news guys." I muttered, they all looked at each other confused i was about to answer but the door opened and i seen liam and the cop, and here come the tears. I slowly backed away walking to the boys who were all in shock, Calum and Michael looked at me wide eyed.. but i was looking at liam with betrayl swimming in my eyes seeing that he didnt even try to argue with the cop. "Come on son." The cop said holding a hand out but i shakily shook my head. "N-no i cant go back!" I yelled letting the tears fall "Son, dont make me force you." He said sternly grabbing his hand cuffs making my eyes go wide. "Please." I whispered letting out a sob, the cop shook his head walking over to me pulling my arms behind my back. "Ahh!" I yelled in pain "Should have listened." He chuckled, i took a deep breath shaking my head. "If you knew the whole story you wouldnt be here." I seethed getting angry but he ignored me dragging me out of the house and in the back of his car wondering to myself... How can my life get fucked up over night.