Chapter 17

*Emils POV*

When michael said that everyone was going to be drinking it made me nervous because of what happened last time luke drank, i mentally winced at the memory as i turned toward luke with a nervous expression "Just this once tonight Emily." luke said, i nodded slowly watching as he smiled. Michael started telling us all to do something while luke pulled me to the bedroom telling me to come get changed with him.

"What should i wear?" I asked looking to my closet, i turned around seeing him smirkin "Surprise me." I rolled my eyes laughing before pulling out a yellow drop top that says 'Disobey', some denim high waisted shorts, black convers, nerd glasses (I dont know why), my blue beanie, bow tie bracelet, and some golden cross earrings i walked to the bathroom getting changed and doing my make up before walking out seeing luke wearing a 'Sex Pistols' shirt, some black skinny jeans, black and white converse, and gray beanie. "You look handsome." I complimented, he smiled widely making his dimples pop out "You look beautiful as always." I felt my cheeks heat up telling him i was blushing, no matter how long we date he has that affect on me. "Come on we dont want to keep them waiting." i said hiding my blush, he laughed nodding putting an arm around my waist walking out of our room and back down to everyone else.

"Okay the only liqour they have is jack daniels and vodka." Mikey said holding 2 bottles up which luke walked up taking the vodka "You guys can share the jack daniels while i sit on this couch with emily sharing the vodka." Calum was about to protest but luke glared at him making him shut up "Damn medicine wore off." Calum grumbled but we all heard him, we all laughed except him and luke, i walked over to luke about to sit next to him but he grabbed my waist pulling me on his lap.

He undid the lid tilting the bottle back taking giant gulps down before passing me the bottle but i shook my head giving it to him "I dont want any babe" He looked at me then the bottle shrugging taking it back taking more gulps of it.

*15 minutes later*

By now the bottle of vodka was gone and luke was shitfaced, so far me and kira are the only sober ones.

I sighed going to get off of lukes lap but he grabbed my waist pulling me back down "Let go luke im just going to talk to kira." He shook his head firmly making me sigh again, i tried to get up again but he tightened his grip on my waist pulling me back down again but with more force "Stop." He demanded, I grabbed his wrist prying them off me before quickly standing, i heard him growl angrliy making me turn around seeing him glaring at me "Emily." "Babe, ill be right back okay i promise." He kept glaring at me until he finally gave me a stiff nod, i smiled lightly turning around walking over to kira "How long do you think it will take for everyone to pass out?" I asked startling her, she turned around smiling when she seen i was sober "I hate being sober around a bunch of drunks." I nodded in agreement "I cant believe luke drank the whole bottle of vodka." I sighed turning around before turning back toward her "Yeah, its been around a year and a half since he last drank." I shivered at the memory.

*Flashback*

We were at one of lukes old friends, friends house because he was throwing a party and luke decided to go so right now we're in the kitchen grabbing some drinks, i decided not to drink that much but luke was going all at it, within 20 minutes he was drunk off his ass giving people dirty looks when he thought they looked at him weird or said something about him.

I was currently in front of luke hold a cup of some weird yet good drink until someone crashed into me making me spill it all over luke brand new white t-shirt, i gasped looking at the soaking stain wide eyed i heard luke growl angrily before he grabbed my arm tightly making me yelp in pain as he dragged me through all the people and out the front door. When we got outside he slammed me against the cold hard wall making me wince the the impact "This was a brand new fucking shirt emily." He growled glaring at me with nothing but anger in his eyes "Im sorry luke, it wasnt my fault someone bumped into me." I defended myself, he took a deep breathe clenching and uncleanching his fist. "You embarassed me in front of all those people Emily." I sighed "Im sorry okay, lets just get back inside." I stated going to walk past him but he just grabbed my arm tightly shoving me back into the wall, i was about to yell for him to stop but he slapped me across the face pretty hard "Dont walk away from me." I looked up at him with shock and hurt visible in my eyes but he ignored it grabbing my arm again pulling me down the road back to the orphanage, dragging me up the stairs and basically tossing me into our room "Can you just calm down for a second!" I nearly shouted, he looked up at me with his eyes darkening as he started walking toward me slowly "You do NOT tell me to calm down emily." I looked at luke a bit scared he will hit me again "Luke." I whimpered pushing myself further away into the wall wishing i would disappear.....

*Flashback Over*

I was brought out of the horrid memory as kira shook my shoulder lightly "You alright?" She asked a bit concerned, i looked back up from the floor nodding "Yeah im fine." she nodded slowly looking behind me "Lukes coming." i turned around and sure enough luke was walking toward me and he didnt look happy, i turned back to kira "Im going to take care of this." i said with a small smile "You sure? He doesnt look very happy." I sighed quietly nodding "Yeah ill be fine" she gave me a light smile leaning in my ear whispering "Find me if he does something." I smiled at her nodding watching as she walked away, i sighed before turning around and nearly screamed when i seen luke right behind me "Jesus luke." I panted holding my chest trying to calm my heart "Whats taking you so long?" He asked with an angry slur, i looked up at him furrowing my eye brows "I was talking to kira since only us two are sober here." I explained with a sigh, he wrapped an arm around my waist pulling me close to him. "Luke, im thirsty so im going to run to the kitchen want anything?" I asked wiggling out of his grip, he looked down at me with narrowed eyes "Why are you avoiding me emily?" He asked, i sighed looking up at him "You're drunk luke, i dont like being around you when you're drunk because you turn into a control freak." I explained regretting my words as soon as they came out, he glared at me angrily grabbing both of my arms squeezing them tightly most likely going to leave marks "Let me go luke." I said wiggling my arms but he only tightened his grip making me yelp in pain, i yanked my arms out of his death grip finally but before i knew what i was doing i pulled my hand back swinging it at his face making a loud smacking noise, my mouth dropped along with my heart because as he turned toward me i could already see the hand print start to appear, his eyes were almost black with anger "Oh my god luke im-" I was cut off by a pain on my right cheek making me realize he just slapped me, i looked up only to recieve another slap on the same cheek i had tears rolling down my face right now "Luke stop please im sorry." I sobbed, i lifted my head slowly not wanting to get slapped again but when i looked all i seen was luke walking away.

I turned around sprinting looking for kira, when i found her she was alone again but holding a bottle of water she looked up at me spitting her water out jumping out of her seat.

"What the hell happened to you?!" She asked i looked away only to have her gently grab my face "Luke get aggressive when he drinks and gets mad even easier..." i trailed off, i heard her gasp "He did this?" She asked quietly, i nodded biting my lip as my eyes began to water again "You have a nasty bruise on your face now thats in the shape of a hand print." She explained, i sighed lifting my hand up covering it "Im just going to go to sleep, luke will forget it happened tomorrow anyway that is until he sees the bruise and asks about it." She looked at me with sympathy in her eyes but i gave her a light smile "You going to be okay?" She asked i nodded "Thank you kira for talking with me." She nodded pulling me into a tight but not too tight hug. "Goodnight, get some sleep." She said, i nodded "G'Night." I walked up the stairs keeping an eye out for luke, i entered the room walking into the bathroom turning on the light gasping when i saw a purple and blue hand print on my face, i brought my hand up touching it i let out a whimper of pain before putting my arm down sighing, i turned the light off walking back to the bed slipping under the covers curling into a ball. I thought about how im going to tell luke about it because i know he will forget like he did the last time this happened, i stopped thinking about it deciding ill worry about it tomorrow morning before drifting to sleep.