414

Advice Request
This person wants help about being jealous of someone.

Answered Submission

Hello sweetheart,

 There's one thing that I can say to you. Remember this: Comparing yourself to someone else, whether it sprouts jealousy or not, will make you feel higher or lower to someone. It will make you want to be better than them but nothing more than that.

Understand that no one in this world is exactly alike. Every single one of us is different, and we are all equal in that.

 Jealousy will not get you anywhere, in fact it will burn down all the good things that you have made of yourself so far. And right now I am so proud of you that you to want to change it.

Personally, when someone else's presence makes me feel less about myself or simply when I compare too much, what I do is isolate myself. I work on myself until I am satisfied.

When you have nothing to compare yourself to, you'll do things that make you content.

I think you should try doing that. Try to stay away from the girl you are unwillingly comparing yourself to. Try to make full use of yourself in sports and whatever it is in general without looking right or left. Just do you. One day you'll appreciate yourself. You'll realise you are different in a very good way. After that maybe you can try to make friends with her. You might see a whole different person up close.

Kind regards,

The Advice Column Team