533

Advice Request

The requestor wants to be with someone who is just looking for a casual relationship.

Answered Submission

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about how disappointed you are. I know that it hurts, honey, but don't worry. You came to the right place.

I'm just going to go straight into this. I do not suggest entering a relationship, casual or not, with someone who A) you know nothing about and B) doesn't want a relationship. It's not worth it. He is not worth the trouble or the heartache.

Look at it from this standpoint. You both want very different things. You want a real relationship, and he just wants a physical release. If you go into this with the hope that he'll change and catch feelings for you, then you will only disappoint yourself more. I'm going to be very honest with you. He wouldn't see you as his girlfriend. He would see you as his booty call. It is my personal opinion that you should move on.

Now, how to do that. It's a hard process, and can be quite the process indeed. It takes a lot out of you, but you will end up better than when you started. Find a new hobby, or just keep doing what you already love. Talk to your friends and family, either about this or just fun, random chit chat. It's fine to distract yourself from the pain a little, but here is a top you should always remember: you must let yourself feel. You need to feel the pain in order for it to leave. As long as you shove it down and ignore it, it will just keep coming back and gnawing at you.

In conclusion, no, you should not get with him with the hope of it becoming something more. I wish you the best, and I hope this helps!

Stay strong,

The Advice Column Team