430

Advice Request
This person's friend is in bit of a situation. The person wants to help the friend but it's a little complicated.

Answered Submission
Hey!

That seems like a pretty stressful situation. I’m sure it’s hard to decide what’s wrong and what’s right, but try to calm down and think logically and realistically.

The first thing you should do is to sit down with your friend seriously and talk to her about how her actions are wrong (or illegal, if so). Try to calmly reason with her that what she is doing is wrong, but understand her too. Tell her that you’re with her, despite everything and anything. Talk about how the man’s actions and behavior toward S are not right. Talking things out is the best thing you can do. If you want to play it a little dangerously, try talking about the police. Don’t say that you will call the police, but you could try saying that if the police find out, this would turn into a bad situation.

Do remember that during this entire talk, tell her that this is absolutely serious, and remember to be calm and patient with your friend. Try convincing her. It might take a little while before she agrees (and I hope she does), but please keep trying every day. Please remember to tell her about how this might affect her own personality and her future. Tell her about how unhealthy the relationship is. Talk properly, slowly, and calmly. Communication means understanding her too.

I hope S is safe and happy. I wish you good luck and happiness as well.

I hope this helps!

The Advice Column Team