438

Advice Request
The requestor is unsure of their feelings for their guy best friend.

Answered Submission
Hi!

I think the first thing you could clear up is that, if you have feelings for both a guy and a girl, you could consider yourself bisexual, if you want. Being bisexual, you could be attracted to both.

The signs that you both have been giving each other are pretty strong. The fact that he brought up his kiss could mean that he's hinting about wanting to have his first kiss now. Whether he wants you to be his first kiss or not, I wouldn't know, and you wouldn't know either until you both ask and approach each other.

If he gives hints that he likes you, you could probably confirm his feelings for you. The fact that he keeps making jokes about dating you is a very strong hint that he wants you to approach him about it. I think it's worth a shot to actually talk to him about it, so go for it! Making jokes about dating is a pretty strong sign of admittance to one's feelings. Ask him out! If not, then your friendship is what you should secure.

Since you already had a miscommunication before, I think the topic of your feelings for each other is even more sensitive. Miscommunication about this could be even worse. Why not give him more, stronger signs like asking him if he likes someone; or if someone asked him out, would he consider going out with them? What kind of girlfriend/boyfriend would he want? Ask things like that.

If you want, you could ask your mutual friends about this. Maybe they could give you better insight about his feelings or what you should do next.

Aside from the main topic: you should get treatment for your anxiety and depression. It could get worse, and depression often leads to insecurity. You need to have confidence when being in a relationship or friendship, so I hope you give it a thought to fix these as well.

I hope you both talk it out. If nothing else, I hope you guys have a great relationship ahead of you both.

Have a nice day. I hope this helps!

Thank you,
The Advice Column Team