Oh! How Friends Can Lose Distance Over The Years!!!

It has been a few days since they met WonderDo...I mean Shinki, and he is loving life in his kennel. For once, Suzuki was making it into school late by a couple of minutes which is a new record for him and life was looking great.

The only problem is a girl called Ayaka Hayashi. She was the girl that Suzuki saved when a raging demon attacked them when they were little. Ever since then, she can't seem to look Suzuki in the eye and he doesn't know why.

Years have passed since he has had a proper conversation with her, but the only reason this is a problem now is that he seems to see her more often as she waits for Hana in the morning.

"Hey Hana, can I ask you a question?" asked Suzuki.

"Go ahead." replied Hana.

"Well...I just wanted to know if Ayaka doesn't like me anymore or something? I'm only asking as every time I go to talk to her, she goes beetroot red and runs away." Suzuki wondered.

"I don't know. That's weird as she never has said she has a dislike to you." Hana said with a confused look on her face.

While this discussion was going on, Keiichineko was thinking to himself, "Are these two dense or something?! I don't need to be a genius, but it's clear that she is in love with him~nyaa!! I mean come on, if she hated him, her eyes would be sharp like a knife not twinkling like a princess watching the hero slay the dragon!!".

It was the next morning, and this time Suzuki got up earlier than usual so he can have a chat with Ayaka. This was to find out why she keeps running away from him. As soon as he went outside to speak to her, she suddenly gains the speed of a roadrunner.

As per usual, Suzuki looked confused as to why she is acting like that and decides to let it go over his head. During the school lunch break, Suzuki runs off to the great big tree where no one goes and ate his lunch with Keiichineko.

"Why are you eating lunch with me and not your friends?~nyaa." asked Keiichineko.

"Well, there was something embarrassing that happened when I was 5. One time, I saw a small demon floating in the sky and I thought that everyone could see it, but I was wrong. So, I was trying to convince everyone, but they didn't believe me, and now everyone stays away from me apart from Yuuto.", replied Suzuki.

"Yuuto?" questioned Keiichineko.

"Yeah! The only problem is that most days he is with the student council, so I end up coming here and eating alone until I met you." Suzuki explained.

"That...That is such a sad story, Master Suzuki!" sobbed a mysterious voice.

"Master? WonderDog? Is that you?!" Suzuki gasped.

"It's Shinki!" he quickly replied with an angry face.

"So, what are you going to do about this Ayaka girl, Suzuki~nyaa" Keiichineko inquired.

After Keiichineko mentioned that, the three of them sat in silence for about 5 minutes thinking about what to do. As we all know, this didn't help at all and they all dropped their head in disappointment.

"I've got it, Master!" shouted Shinki.

"Ow! Do you have to shout down my ear~nyaa, you stupid dog!" raged Keiichineko as he pulled out his claws in anger.

"Huh?! Do you wanna go?! Now, fight me in your true form, Keiichineko!" barked Shinki as he was trying to pull out his samurai sword.

"Will you two stop?! Jeez! You look like a guy who loves to cosplay as a dog, and what makes this weirder is that you're trying to start on an innocent cat! Now, tell me your plan!" Suzuki scolded.

"S...Sorry Master. I'll tell you the plan." Shinki whispered into Suzuki's and Keiichineko's ears and told them his idea.

As they discussed what to do, both Keiichineko and Suzuki liked the idea and are willing to try it to see if she will at least have a conversation with him. It was nearly the end of lunch, and Suzuki runs back to school and gets ready to execute his plan when school finishes...

*Thank you for reading the 4th chapter of 'Mysterious Ways!'. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and please leave a vote and a comment. In the next chapter, we will see the plan in action! Will it end in success or failure?! Why does Ayaka run away? Is WonderDo... I mean Shinki the master of all plans?! Find out next time in 'Look This Way Ayaka!!!'.