Yuusha Country Arc Chapter 1: To The New Environment!

A week has now passed, and it is time for Suzuki and the others to head to the Yuusha Country! It took a lot of convincing to Akari-Sensei that both of them won't be in on Monday, but it all worked out in the end.

"I really can't wait to see the Yuusha Country! I bet you this trip will be a blast!" cheered Suzuki.

"I'm still surprised that we were able to square it with Akari-Sensei." said Erika.

"That's true. We should thank Yuuto, as he was the one who convinced her in the end."

"We were lucky that he also needed to leave too. However, us leaving at the start of the semester won't look good." warned Erika.

"Hahaha! You should see my previous records!" laughed Suzuki.

After the long walk home from School, Suzuki and Erika finally made it to Suzuki's back garden. Keiichineko and the others were waiting for them to come so that they can go over the plan one last time.

"Ah! You're finally home, Suzuki ~nyaa.", welcomed Keiichineko.

"I'm back! I see that everyone is ready and raring to go!" observed Suzuki.

"Yeah, but I still have my concerns about all this." worried Keiichineko.

"Concerns?" questioned Suzuki.

"The Yuusha Country just isn't somewhere a Demon voluntarily goes, Master Suzuki. One mistake could lead us to being chased by Yuusha Countrymen." chipped in Shinki.

"Why would that be an issue?" asked Suzuki.

"We already have the DSA on our backs! If we add the whole noble side of the Yuusha Country to that, then we are walking dead men." Keiichineko pointed out.

"Not even the training we did could fend off all of them!" fretted Shinki.

"If things do turn south, the Yuusha Country can trap us there too." chimed in Erika.

"Relax! I won't let it go that far!" assured Suzuki.

All three of them continued discussing the ifs and buts until Anna jumped in to stop them!

"Will you three give it a rest? I fully support and believe in Suzuki. He is our Captain, and I will back him to the very end!" vowed Anna.

"Anna!" smiled Suzuki.

Both Keiichineko and Shinki agreed to Anna's point and decided to leave it at that. After getting that topic out of the way, they finally get to the nitty and gritty part of the plan!

"What we know so far is that Erika's family are to be executed this Sunday. This means that we have today and Saturday to crush this plan of theirs." began Suzuki.

"That's correct. My family are still able to roam freely around the Yuusha Country, but they can't leave. If they do, it will be game over for them." Erika explained.

"What the Yuusha Countrymen have forgotten and don't know, is that Erika is out of the country and that she has an alliance with a Demon Clan." Keiichineko continued.

"So, our role is to get into the Yuusha Country and try to stop the execution from going ahead." Hebi reiterated.

"Our preferred method is to swoop in and evacuate with Erika-chan's family." noted Hikari.

"We know that we will cause a scene with us being Demons. So, we should attack first before they get the chance.

"If they make the first move, it will be game over for all of us." Anna concluded.

"So, we want to settle in at the Yuusha country and on Saturday morning, we strike and make a ruckus!"

"Yeah!!" Cheered everyone.

Now that they have agreed on a plan, Erika takes Suzuki and the others down to Watarano river, where she has two boats waiting. They both were medium-sized wooden boats that were big enough for four in each. Since there was seven of them in total, four went in one and three went in the other.

In the middle of these boats, there was a device that automatically navigated and steered the boat in the direction that was set. These devices were given to Suzuki and the other by Kotaro.

"It's a good job that Kotaro gave us a heads up that they've upped security!" told Suzuki.

"That comes as no surprise! The reason that I never went against a Yuusha Countrymen is that they are always one step ahead of you. They are tricky opponents." prepared Keiichineko.

The only way to get to the Yuusha Country is by stream. At some given point, there will be Warp Portal that opens up to the Country. You can only see or enter it if you have your Heroic Age to authenticate the arrival.

Erika unlocked her Heroic Age and opened up the Portal. Once they entered through it, they could see a massive gate towering over all the trees.

Just as they were about to admire the structure of the gate, a shot was fired towards them.

"Where did that shot come from?!" exclaimed Suzuki.

They all looked up towards the gate and saw a shadowy man stood at the top of them. He looks down at them with an evil glare. He places his hand on the handle of his sword and prepares to attack!

"A Tatsumoto and a Demon Clan? There is no way I can let you pass!" declared the man standing at the top of the gate.

*Thanks for reading this chapter of Mysterious Ways! If you enjoyed it, please leave a comment and a vote. Make sure to share this story too as we are trying to hit 1000 reads!

Authors Comment: After months, I can finally get my haircut! I can't wait to feel and look fresh again!