Anna's True Feelings Part 2

With the resolve to take the monster on, Anna calls her Heal blades into action and gets into an attacking stance. The Zolvak took a deep breath and let it all out towards Anna. Ice cold mist came out of its mouth and had bits of snow inside. 

Anna evaded the attack, but it did catch her leg. A little icicle developed on her calf, but she was able to slice it off with her Heal Blades. She activates her Heal Skin ability and went into close quarters with the beast.

Slash!

She was able to cut the furry Zolvak at the side of its stomach, but it just rubbed its side and acted like it was nothing. It once again let out a massive roar and slammed its fist towards Anna. She was able to dodge, but the debris caught her. 

"It's a good job that I activated my Heal Skin. Was my cut before not deep enough? What would Suzuki do in these situations?!"

Just as that thought popped into her head, she began to blush as she thought about Suzuki again. Not paying too much attention to her surroundings, the Zolvak iced up its fist and punched down towards Anna. This time, the punch collided with both of Anna's blades and caused a shockwave. Anna tried to hold out against the Zolvak, but the strength in its muscles was too much to handle.

Crash!

The Zolvak hit Anna into the ground, and it left a nasty bit of damage on her. Despite that, Anna was still able to move and was thankful that the Heal Skin helped lessen the damage. 

"This thing is so strong! I can't keep up a long battle with this monster, I need a sure-kill hit!"

A great idea struck her! She put her Heal Blades away and decided to go into her Heal Offence mode. Anna then fine-tunes her fingers into a pressure point style and Speedstars towards the giant's leg. Anna hit at the Zolvaks giant sciatic nerve and the quadriceps tendon. 

The monster fell to its knees and couldn't get back up. Using this as her greatest chance, Anna unsheathes her blades once more and goes in for the sure-kill attack.

"Heal Blades: Scissor!"

Just like the move that she uses in her Heal Offence mode, Anna made a cross with her blades and swung them forward.

Bang! Blood spilt from the deep cut and the monster fell to the ground for good.

Anna puts the stamp that was on the handle of her blade to the head of the fallen Zolvak. This causes the monster to be sent to the Good Demon Realm for the officials to sort out. Anna stood back up and bowed to thank the monster for the battle. She was about to leave the fake reality, but then she heard a rustle in the trees!

"Who goes there?!"

"Wow! I told you that you've improved, Anna." called a voice.

"Suzuki! What are you doing here?"

"The pressure of the Purple Crack woke me up. I was about to go and sort it out, but I saw you head towards it. I followed you there so I can see what you were going to do."

"What? So you can take the mick out of me?" 

"Of course not! You looked awesome, Anna!"

It was at this moment that Anna realised she had it all wrong from the start. The so-called love she felt for Keiichineko was nothing mere than brotherly love. She wanted to help Keiichineko fill the void of her sister, so she tried to act like her sister to help him move on. 

All this time, it was Suzuki that her heart wanted. His characteristics were something she sensed and fell for right at the very beginning, but she never realised it. 

"Remember Anna, the best thing you can ever find in a guy is his characteristics. The ones with the never give up attitudes always make your heart skip a beat!" told Lianna to a younger Anna.

Her sister's words ran through her mind, and it all became clear. Suzuki was the one for her.

"I see. The love I had for Keiichineko was a different type of love. Somehow and somewhere down the line, I slowly fell for him."

After all this time, Anna has finally accepted that she loves Suzuki.

*Thanks for reading this chapter of Mysterious Ways! If you enjoyed it, please leave a comment and a vote. Make sure to share this story too as we are trying to hit 1000 reads!

Authors Comment: In the next chapter, we enter the Yuusha Country arc! I have been waiting to get to this point in the story for the past two years! I hope you enjoy it!